General Discussion Classifieds - New and Used Triathlon Gear » FS or FT: Mavic Cosmic Carbone SL Clincher Wheelset + Extras Rss Feed  
Moderators: k9car363, alicefoeller Reply
SOLD
2012-04-04 9:27 PM

Subject: FS or FT: Mavic Cosmic Carbone SL Clincher Wheelset + Extras
So I've decided that these wheels, while great, are wrong for the type of riding I do 90% of the time. The wheels are in great shape, and straight and true. No hops. For full disclosure, there is a spot on one of the rear brake tracks that somehow got scratched up. If i scrape my nail across it I can feel it, but it's not at all noticeable when braking. I tried to show it in a close-up. We've all heard it before, but it truly looks worse than it is. I just want to be totally up front. Otherwise, no issues. Even the rear hub shell is chatter-free (and 8/9/10 speed Shimano, by the way). . In addition to the wheels themselves, I am including the stock Mavic skewers, an almost new set of Schwalbe Ultremo R tires (700x23 clincher), long- stem tubes, valve stem extenders (Bontrager-red) and a Mavic hub adjustment tool. I also have a new set of Cosmic Carbone SL decals in black and white that I'll include, since these are de-badged. Sorry about the crap pictures ... I suck at photography and couldn't figure out how best to take them. I can take more, just let me know what you want to see.

$700 + actual shipping costs. I'll get a proper wheel box from my LBS to ship them in.

OR, I'm willing to trade for a sub-1500g set of aluminum clinchers that I can use for my team rides and road racing. Something like Shimano Dura Ace 7850, Ksyrium SL, etc. Basically a lightweight set of aluminum clinchers that are more suited to my type of riding. I train on a set of Neuvations, which I like, but I'd like something lighter for racing and club rides. A hand-built set would work as well, try me.

Let me know if you have any questions, want more pictures, etc.

Tom

2012-04-05 3:48 AM
in reply to: #4131005

User image

Regular
Subject: RE: FS or FT: Mavic Cosmic Carbone SL Clincher Wheelset + Extras
What yr are these?
2012-04-05 12:17 PM
in reply to: #4131005

Subject: RE: FS or FT: Mavic Cosmic Carbone SL Clincher Wheelset + Extras
2008 or 2009, I dont recall exactly.  I bought them in 2010.
Sell Gear
SOLD
General Discussion Classifieds - New and Used Triathlon Gear » FS or FT: Mavic Cosmic Carbone SL Clincher Wheelset + Extras Rss Feed