General Discussion Triathlon Talk » Training Groups in Sacramento Area Rss Feed  
Moderators: k9car363, alicefoeller Reply
2012-06-17 12:52 AM

User image

Regular
Carmichael
Subject: Training Groups in Sacramento Area

I am just moving into the area from the pacific northwest and would love to connect with some new training partners. I am a third year triathlete who has done most every distance except for Ironman(considering Tahoe 2013 right now). If there are any clubs or groups in the area that I could get involved in please let me know.

2012-06-17 9:49 PM
in reply to: #4265363

User image

Veteran
Citrus Heights, CA
Subject: RE: Training Groups in Sacramento Area

HI, and welcome to the area! There are quite a few clubs to choose from around here--the biggest of which (and the one I belong to) is the Sacramento Triathlon Club (STC.com)--they have a huge presence and are very supportive with training groups, workouts, clinics, etc. 

There are some others too: The River City Tridents, The Elk Grove Triathlon Club, Eldorado Hills Tri Club, and others from farther out. In case you don't know, Elk Grove and Eldorado Hills aren't exactly IN Sacramento, but they are right next to us!

Also, the local company that runs the majority of races around here, TBF Racing, also does training stuff--and they have a HUGE amount of events to choose from!

Like I said, welcome to Sacramento-I hope to see you at some races!

Kate

2012-06-18 12:04 AM

User image

Regular
Carmichael
Thanks Kate! 
2012-06-19 1:30 PM

User image

Veteran
Citrus Heights

Welcome to the area Matt, you'll love it.  Just don't let the mid-summer heat change your mind too soon!

I've yet to join one of the clubs, but if you train/hang around some of the local "hot spots" you'll fall into some training partners!  I've done bike rides and jogs around Folsom with folks who were training for races; it seems like the "tri crowd" seems to identify each other and we all group up.  One of the best OWS venues anywhere is Nimbus Flat (Lake Natoma), and I always run into other tri swimmers out there.

If you haven't already, I'd encourage you to sign up for one of TBF's events that the above poster mentioned...they have something almost every other week, and the races are always fun and well-organized.  Most of the Tri clubs have tents/awnings set up, and you'll see plenty of kits to give you an idea of who's who. 

I live in Citrus Heights, but have considered moving to Elk Grove just to join their club (and get one of their sweet bright-green tri tops with the cool elk silhouette on it...)

2012-06-19 6:26 PM

User image

Veteran
Citrus Heights, CA

Hey! I'm in the Heights too! Personally, I am all over the "Mad Catz" jerseys I see everywhere, but I guess they are a bike team...I do see a lot of them at triathlons though!

I second checking out TBF--They offer a fairly large amount of events throughout the year--and they are reasonably priced too.

2012-06-26 6:39 PM

User image

Regular
I train with TBF, and love it.  I signed up for the annual pass, and do about 3 group workouts per week.  With the pass, I could do upto about 6 group workouts per week - they have a lot going on.  And yes, tons of races.

New Thread
General Discussion Triathlon Talk » Training Groups in Sacramento Area Rss Feed