General Discussion Introduce Yourself!!! » New in New Hampshire Rss Feed  
Moderators: IndoIronYanti, k9car363, alicefoeller Reply
2012-06-18 7:48 PM

User image

Veteran
New Hampshire
Subject: New in New Hampshire
My wife and I have a 11 month old boy and being around him the amount I want to be around really took a toll in my golf, baseball and basketball leagues, so I was looking for something new to keep active that I could do a night and such.  I'm a big guy, 6'6", 250# and NEVER liked running, but about 2 weeks ago I went for a run and for some reason liked it and kept up better than I expected, so then I took the bike out and from there set the goal of a triathlon in September.  I've been kind of setting a base for my times biking and running right now and I'm looking to start getting in the water this weekend.  I'm 13 weeks out, so I figure another week of setting paces and such and 12 weeks out I'll start a good structured program to bring me up to race time.  Looking forward to post my training here and keeping a good log and getting motivation from everyone else.

2012-06-19 12:54 PM
in reply to: #4268158

User image

Master
Rio Rancho, NM
Subject: RE: New in New Hampshire

Welcome to BT! Scheduling time to train around a family can be a challenge but many here do it, and in many cases it helps create a healthy atmosphere in the family. My son is about your size and he is getting into biking and running, and is considering Xterra triathlons.

There are several training programs available here if you click on the "programs" button and, of course, there are lots of people with lots of experience willing to help/guide you along the way.

New Thread
General Discussion Introduce Yourself!!! » New in New Hampshire Rss Feed