Site Issues Custom Training Plan Creator » Will custom training plan create an 'impossible' plan? Rss Feed  
Moderators: k9car363, alicefoeller Reply
2012-07-20 6:41 AM

New user

North Carolina
Subject: Will custom training plan create an 'impossible' plan?

So, I'm a gold member and created a HIM plan with 2 swims, 3 bikes, 3 runs.  I find that I'm regularly performing 7 workouts/week and sometimes just 6.  I did also generate (but not import) a 2/2/2 plan so I know the program will create that schedule...I guess maybe my real question is whether 2/2/2 is going to get me to the finish line in my first HIM.  (And just finishing with a smile is my goal.

But it would be nice to know whether or not the program will, at some point, just kick back an error message if you're putting in crazy data - like you swim 5 minute hundreds, bike at 7 miles an hour and run 20 minute miles. 

2012-07-23 5:13 PM
in reply to: #4321431

User image

Champion
Gold member
Subject: RE: Will custom training plan create an 'impossible' plan?

If you have been running and/or biking consistently for a few years, a 2/2/2 plan may be ok.  But if all of this is new volume for you, a 3/3/3 plan may be better...and if you have to axe a workout for a week here or there, that's fine...executing 80% of the plan should see you to the finishline fine.

We force the swim pace from 1min to 4min/100 yards.  The bike is restricted to 8-28 MPH.  The run isn't restricted but we max out the long run at 2.5 hours for HIM and IM plans for injury issues.

New Thread
Site Issues Custom Training Plan Creator » Will custom training plan create an 'impossible' plan? Rss Feed