General Discussion Triathlon Talk » First tri was yesterday, caught the bug and debating doing Presidential Lakes in 3 weeks Rss Feed  
Moderators: k9car363, alicefoeller Reply
2012-07-23 8:45 PM

Subject: First tri was yesterday, caught the bug and debating doing Presidential Lakes in 3 weeks

Is it crazy to do another olympic tri in 3 weeks?  I did the NJ state tri yesterday and really want to give this olympic tri another tri (lol).  The one I am thinking of is the Presidential Lakes Oympic Tri in NJ.

Has anyone done this race? It seems like a small race.  Any guidance would be appreciated.

Thanks.

2012-07-23 9:10 PM
in reply to: #4326921

User image

New user

Subject: RE: First tri was yesterday, caught the bug and debating doing Presidential Lakes in 3 weeks

I'm doing the same exact thing and I came up with this plan just last week.  Up until now I've only done sprint triathlons and I'm planning on doing the Presidental Lakes Olympic in 3 weeks.  DQ Events puts on good races and they are much smaller and more low key than the NJ State Tri.  I've done their other races (Parvin, Hammonton, Marlton Lakes) but not Presidental. 

So to go from a sprint to an olympic in three weeks I'm picking up the training.  I'm not worried about the run since I do many medium distance runs and races.  I'm going to spend the next two weeks in the pool and biking.  Rode 43 miles on Sunday after the NJ tri on Saturday.  Plan to swim two times a week (usually only go once a week) and bike 3 times/week for a total of 50-70 miles per week.

DQ Events typically do not sell out until late, if at all, so I plan to wait until one week to go before signing up.  At that time I can assess where I'm at with race prepareness.

2012-07-23 9:12 PM

Expert
Subject: RE: First tri was yesterday, caught the bug and debating doing Presidential Lakes in 3 weeks
If you are not totally broke down after that one, then go for it! And good luck friend.
2012-07-23 9:17 PM

User image

New user

Oh, I miss read your first post.  You did the Olympic at NJ State!  You shouldn't have a problem doing another one in three weeks. 

One thing that is attractive at Presidental Lakes is that it is a closed bike course.  Should be a good race.

Edited by geo22230 2012-07-23 9:24 PM
2012-07-24 12:32 PM

User image

Regular
did the NJ State Sprint and signed up for the Skylands Tri in September.  It was my first and I'm hooked.  Also, I think most tri's will feel small after NJ state.  We had 1200 in the Sprint.
2012-07-24 12:39 PM

Extreme Veteran
NE Ohio
Nyctrigirl - 2012-07-23 9:45 PM

Is it crazy to do another olympic tri in 3 weeks?  I did the NJ state tri yesterday and really want to give this olympic tri another tri (lol).  The one I am thinking of is the Presidential Lakes Oympic Tri in NJ.

Has anyone done this race? It seems like a small race.  Any guidance would be appreciated.

Thanks.

very relative question. Without knowing other info (seeing your training or knowing how the race went) hard to say. If you feel good and you've trained fairly well, then generally speaking, why not.

2012-07-25 7:57 AM

It's the third day after the triathlon and I feel great.  I trained for 5 months for the olympic one on Sunday and feel I am ready for more. 

I will def. be signing up for the Olympic one on August 12. 

Thanks for your opinions. 

Cool

New Thread
General Discussion Triathlon Talk » First tri was yesterday, caught the bug and debating doing Presidential Lakes in 3 weeks Rss Feed