General Discussion Triathlon Talk » Specialized Trivent expert vs. Road expert Rss Feed  
Moderators: k9car363, alicefoeller Reply
2012-07-27 6:33 AM

User image

New user

Subject: Specialized Trivent expert vs. Road expert

Hi,

I'm planning to buy new shoes, since I just got a simple road biking shoes. What do you think about this 2 models, would you use the road expert as a triathlon shoe?

thanks for any reply

2012-07-27 8:05 AM
in reply to: #4333205

User image

Pro
, New Hampshire
Subject: RE: Specialized Trivent expert vs. Road expert
The only drawback of using road shoes in a tri is that they are a bit more time consuming to get into and you won't really be able to leave the shoes on the bike. If you're putting on the cycling shoes in T1 and not on the bike, then it's not a big deal.

I used to use road shoes only, but have since added a pair of tri shoes so I can leave the shoes on the bike and get into them easily. It does save a small bit of time.
2012-07-29 11:09 AM
in reply to: #4333205

User image

New user

Subject: RE: Specialized Trivent expert vs. Road expert

What I found good about this road bike shoe is that has the boa system, which makes easier to close the shoe, I have seen some ppl wear this kind of shoe for Triathlon, I went to my local store and actually they both has the same ventilation system. I need to make up my mind.

thanks for the reply.

New Thread
General Discussion Triathlon Talk » Specialized Trivent expert vs. Road expert Rss Feed