Bellin
50F / 10C
Sunny
Total Time = 1h 09m 44s
Overall Rank = 5016/6528
Age Group = 19-24
Age Group Rank = 258/311
Pre-race routine:

I got up, got my stuff together and ate a chocolate chip bar and a banana and drank some water. We got there really early which was good.
Event warmup:

Not much. I just tried to keep warm. Dad and I were in the third corral.
Run
  • 1h 09m 44s
  • 6.21 miles
  • 11m 14s  min/mile
Comments:

The race was great. I was not expecting to do so well. Gender place was 2085 out of 3146. I guess there was a lot of people, 10,323 to be exactly. I think we moved up to 5th largest road race in the country. I just had a great race because my 5K split time was 32:39 which is around what my 5K time is normally. But today I maintained a pretty good pace for another 5K. That was wonderful. Getting my finisher's medal was wonderful!
What would you do differently?:

I thought I was undertrained so I would train some more but obviously I am better off than I thought. I don't know what else I would have done. It was just great!
Post race
Warm down:

I walked out my legs and got rid of the time chip. I got a bottle of water and found my dad and then got a popsicle which was great!

What limited your ability to perform faster:

My lack of training. I can imagine if I dropped some more weight and trained more that maybe I could fly!!

Event comments:

I had a great race. Congrats to everyone! This was Bellin's 30th year and a great way to really enter the racing world. The crowd and the volunteers made my first 10K really special and one that I will certain remember for the rest of my life. I am a little sore through the hip area and hopefully that is just from the stress of the run. I am volunteering tomorrow at the Green Bay Triathlon so this will be a great race weekend!

Last updated: 2005-12-19 12:00 AM
Running
01:09:44 | 06.21 miles | 11m 14s  min/mile
Age Group: 258/311
Overall: 5016/6528
Performance: Good
Course: Up Webster then to Greene, East River Road and through the back neighboorhood to Clay Street for the finish.
Keeping cool Good Drinking Just right
Post race
Weight change: %
Overall: Good
Mental exertion [1-5] 5
Physical exertion [1-5] 3
Good race? Yes
Evaluation
Course challenge Just right
Organized? Yes
Events on-time? Yes
Lots of volunteers? Yes