General Discussion Triathlon Talk » Hilliard swimming Rss Feed  
Moderators: k9car363, alicefoeller Reply
2012-08-08 2:00 PM

Subject: Hilliard swimming

Hi everyone,

Im looking for a place in west columbus to do my swimming indoors during the winter.  Any good gyms/pools in the area that arent ridiculously priced? 

thanks.

Edited by belldeap 2012-08-08 2:04 PM

2012-08-08 2:19 PM
in reply to: #4353356

Subject: RE: Hilliard swimming
Aquatic Adventure off Cemetery and 270. The punch pass makes it very affordable, plus it's a great facility. Some of the tri clubs have deals worked out also so that you can get a discount on a membership/punch pass/merchandise.
2012-08-08 4:15 PM
in reply to: #4353356

User image

Veteran
Wilson, NC (East of Raleigh, NC)

I live in Hilliard and swim at the Urban Active on Hilliard Rome Road.  I can't ask for better hours - open till 10 and 11pm at night and have nice weekend hours.   I pay $25/month and can use all the UA in Ohio, PA, and KY when I travel.  This helps when I am on the road for work and can get in a swim workout.

Aquatic Adventures is also in Hilliard - -punch cards work if you swim in the am, but the weekends hours are tough (they are closed Sunday I think and limited hours on Sat), and if there is a swim meet there in the winter you are out of luck.   

Outdoors - Hilliard pools are open through Labor Day but they don't open till noon.

Hilliard Y - I know lots of people that use this location.   They have a nice masters swim group at either 5am or 6am during the week.   When I checked two years ago, they were just out of whack on the pricing.

2012-08-12 10:28 AM
in reply to: #4353676

orreo5859 - 2012-08-08 5:15 PM

Aquatic Adventures is also in Hilliard - -punch cards work if you swim in the am, but the weekends hours are tough (they are closed Sunday I think and limited hours on Sat), and if there is a swim meet there in the winter you are out of luck.   

Outdoors - Hilliard pools are open through Labor Day but they don't open till noon.

Aquatic Adventure is open Sundays...winter hours are something like 2-6 or 8 on Sundays. I think they close at 5 on Saturdays. You are correct, weekends (esp. after summer) can get busy with lessons, meets, SCUBA testing, swim clubs, schools and everyone else swimming. I generally go weekdays sometime between 9am and 4pm and have never had to wait or share a lane.

Careful with the Hilliard pool...went over last summer when Aquatic Adventure was closed for pool maintenance and since school was back in session, the competition pool was closed (due to lack of lifeguards). They did have a competition lane in the regular pool, but people were constantly cutting across it with no regard for the person swimming (me).

Near Hilliard is Metro Fitness' Dublin Athletic Club location. Don't know what membership costs, but you might be able to strike a deal. Honestly don't know how they keep the doors open - it's never very crowded. Their pool is warmer than some of the other indoor pools and they have a hot tub (when it's working).

New Thread
General Discussion Triathlon Talk » Hilliard swimming Rss Feed