Canadian Triathlon Forum Alberta » Miquelon swim is going interesting Rss Feed  
Moderators: alicefoeller Reply
2012-08-18 11:03 PM

New user
Northern Alberta
Subject: Miquelon swim is going interesting
Went in the water today and there are a lot of weeds out there. Not going to be fun or fast.

2012-08-20 10:10 AM
in reply to: #4369652

User image

Extreme Veteran
Alberta
Subject: RE: Miquelon swim is going interesting

hitmankf - 2012-08-18 10:03 PM Went in the water today and there are a lot of weeds out there. Not going to be fun or fast.

I have never swam in so many weeds! surprised more people didn't call it quits on the swim.

2012-08-22 9:30 AM
in reply to: #4369652

New user

That was the most disgusting thing I ever experienced.  I will never do the Alberta Challenge Tri again.  That swim gave me nightmares.  I always had a phobia of weeds.  I hated knee-boarding in them, and I even had a piece of fiberglass between myself and them.  Wish I had my wet suit for that race.

Can't wait to see if the water in Lake Havasu will be any better in November.  I would think there would be minimal weed growth.

2012-08-22 10:12 AM
in reply to: #4374779

User image

Extreme Veteran
Alberta
crwdavis - 2012-08-22 8:30 AM

That was the most disgusting thing I ever experienced.  I will never do the Alberta Challenge Tri again.  That swim gave me nightmares.  I always had a phobia of weeds.  I hated knee-boarding in them, and I even had a piece of fiberglass between myself and them.  Wish I had my wet suit for that race.

Can't wait to see if the water in Lake Havasu will be any better in November.  I would think there would be minimal weed growth.

It was pretty bad. I didn't wear my wetsuit either. It was the weed in the mouth when i was taking a breath that just about killed me!

Have you signed up for Havasu? Me and my wife were looking at that one and another in Phoenix that weekend.

I think that tri is pretty high end so if there were weeks they would be taking a weed cutting machine and cutting them off.

New Thread
Canadian Triathlon Forum Alberta » Miquelon swim is going interesting Rss Feed