Brewers Enterprises
40F / 4C
Precipitation
Total Time = 1h 59m 42s
Overall Rank = 1565/5000
Age Group = F45-49
Age Group Rank = 44/177
Pre-race routine:

got up, fed the dogs. Took care of all my biology. I'm very lucky that this is never a problem. Left for the race at 5:30 a.m. The biggest issue was the traffic at the race exit. And all the self-righteous buffoons from Illinois that think they have a right to cut in at the exit rather than wait like everyone else.
Event warmup:

running from the car to Miller Park. :-) There were thunderstorms in the area, the race was delayed by about 20 minutes.
Run
  • 1h 59m 42s
  • 13.1 miles
  • 09m 08s  min/mile
Comments:

The run was not necessarily flat, but not hilly. I did a good job of keeping my pace early on, then decided to put down some decent times at 11 - 13. My goal was to break 2 hours, so was pushing everything I had. Around mile 9 ran through Miller Valley (got to Hi-5 the weiners!). Did a great job at 11 and 12. Mile 13 runs through Miller Park...there had to be 20,000 people packed in the stadium. I could hear the cheering as I approached. Once in the stadium, I was amazed at the people, the jumbotron, and all the excitement. Mile 13 clocked at a 9:22 pace. After reviewing the Garmin, I actually slowed to a 12:00 pace as I ran through the park. So, past the finish line, things got a little confusing. The medals were off to the side, so forgot to get one. Then the traffic-flow took us in to a parking lot where I twisted my ankle on the curb. Why that wasn't makred, I'll never know. Apparently I wasn't the only one to trip on that buggar. Thank goodness I didn't fall. I definitely won't be running for a few days.
What would you do differently?:

Next time....not lolly-gagging through Miller Park!!
Post race
Warm down:

got some water, had a banana, got my results and headed back to the car. The wind was whipping, conditions were overcast...and I was turning purple.

What limited your ability to perform faster:

Training for a marathon on October 7th, I needed to get 7 miles in on Friday before this race. Had my legs been rested, my time could have been better. This wasn't my A race, so just went with the flow. Overall, I couldn't be more pleased with my results.

Event comments:

This was a fun race. The 'timing' aspect was very well organized. Each mile marker had a race time posting. The aid stations were very well organized. Lots of spectators. AND...music along the course. It was a typical...well run Wisconsin event. I would recommend that if there is bad weather in the area...OPEN UP ALL OF MILLER PARK! don't cram us in to one small area with one entrance/exit. Also, they need to do a better job of traffic control. Allowing only one exit off the interstate caused a lot of unneeded stress. We weren't late, but many folks were. Thank goodness for the weather delay.

Last updated: 2012-07-27 12:00 AM
Running
01:59:42 | 13.1 miles | 09m 08s  min/mile
Age Group: 44/177
Overall: 1565/5000
Performance: Good
Course: The Brewers Mini-Marathon is a 13.1 mile half marathon which features a unique and scenic course that will take you past, around and THROUGH many Milwaukee landmarks - including the Miller Valley, the Harley-Davidson Museum and around the Miller Park warning track! There will be terrific course support with 10 Aid Stations serving water & Gatorade, Misting Stations, and entertainment along the route.
Keeping cool Good Drinking Just right
Post race
Weight change: %
Overall: Good
Mental exertion [1-5] 5
Physical exertion [1-5] 4
Good race? Yes
Evaluation
Course challenge Just right
Organized? Yes
Events on-time? No
Lots of volunteers? Yes