United States
55F / 13C
Sunny
Total Time = 3h 10m 23s
Overall Rank = 50/85
Age Group = F40-44
Age Group Rank = 2/6
Pre-race routine:

Got up early (driving from Nanticoke), but it was a 9am start so it wasn't too bad. I left by about 5:45. Ate a bagel with PB and a banana in the car. No issues getting to the park. Picked up packet, easy no waiting for porta potties. Took stuff back to car to get ready to go.
Event warmup:

None except walking back and forth to the car.
Run
  • 3h 10m 23s
  • 20 miles
  • 09m 31s  min/mile
Comments:

Beautiful day for a run. We were just a few minutes late getting started due to a glitch with the timing system. Better to get those worked out now instead of at the marathon. It was one group start instead of waves since there weren't that many of us. There were 4 or 5 water stops that we hit twice so it was nice not having to carry the camelbak. That loop around the park was tough because it passed very close to the finish line, but there was still a half mile to go. It wasn't very well marked (I assume because this is a small race and that it will be better maked at the marathon). I made the mistake of asking the ambulance driver if I was going the right way and he said no! I don't think he realized we had to loop the park. The RD was nearby and heard the exchange and sent me on my way.
What would you do differently?:

Not much...
Post race
Warm down:

Walked around a little bit, went back to car for sweatshirt and then walked back to check out the food. They had pizza, pasta salad, and fruit. I liked the pasta salad!

What limited your ability to perform faster:

I did pretty well - I think I ran about as fast as I could've hoped to and maybe a little faster than I should have.

Event comments:

This is another really good race. It's the same race director as does the Bucks County Marathon. If I lived closer, I would run anything he is putting on!

And I got 2nd in my age group! I got a nice plaque and some Gatorade samples. Bonus!

It was fun to talk to people about what they were training for and races they had run. People don't just show up to run a 20 miler unless they are training for a marathon, so they were all decked out in gear from other marathons and talking about which one they were training for next.

Profile Album

Last updated: 2012-10-11 12:00 AM
Running
03:10:23 | 20 miles | 09m 31s  min/mile
Age Group: 2/6
Overall: 50/85
Performance: Good
Garmin splits: 9:26, 9:15, 9:25, 9:19, 9:12, 9:25, 9:23, 9:10, 9:22, 9:23, 9:26, 9:32, 9:23, 9:39, 9:37, 9:42, 9:46, 9:46, 9:47, 9:40
Course: Out and back on the Delaware Canal Towpath. Most of the path is some sort of packed dirt. There was a loop of the park and the beginning and the end and one other little off shoot loop in the middle. Both of those are on pavement. Of course the flight of stairs in New Hope(?) was still there.
Keeping cool Good Drinking Just right
Post race
Weight change: %
Overall: Good
Mental exertion [1-5] 4
Physical exertion [1-5] 4
Good race? Yes
Evaluation
Course challenge Just right
Organized? Yes
Events on-time? Yes
Lots of volunteers? Yes