General Discussion Triathlon Talk » Cannondale Sprint vs. Felt75 Rss Feed  
Moderators: k9car363, alicefoeller Reply
2006-06-21 10:00 AM

Subject: Cannondale Sprint vs. Felt75
A friend of mine is looking to get a new/first bike. Right now she is riding on a borrowed '92 Bianchi that is way too small. She told me that her LBS has a Cannondale Sprint for $1,400 - $1500. From what she told me and what I could see from Cannondale's site the Sprint is what they call their entry level tri bike. It basically is a CAAD8 frame (road geometry) w/ aero bars. From what she told me, unfortunately she doesn't know much about bikes and wasn't there to see it myself, it has ultegra components.

I've also read about the Felt75 being a great starter bike, very versitale and great bang for the buck (Bicycling Mag Editor's Pick 2006).

She is going to do the NYC Tri in July but is going to be to doing more road riding than tri riding

My question is does any one have any opinion/recommendation about the two?

Edited by Ben_823 2006-06-21 10:00 AM

2006-06-26 10:48 AM
in reply to: #461476

User image

Decatur, Ga
Subject: RE: Cannondale Sprint vs. Felt75
Hey Ben, I am picking up my Cannondale Sprint 06 today..found it on Sale at REI for $1199...I am by no means an expert..this is my first bike other than a MTB. The shop guys seem to think it is a good deal..b/c it was on sale and took off that $200 price for having the Cannondale name attached to it. I had asked him about the Felt, but they do not carry them so I have no knowledge on them expect for what I had read. He did agree the Felt was a good deal. The bike fit me well which is the most important. I hope this helps somewhat...

It doesn't come in RED, so I know it might be a little slower...any observations from bike gurus are welcome to let me know if it was a good deal...

Here are the specs: Off the website..

Frame CAAD8 Optimo
Fork Slice Aero Premium
Rear Shock N/A
Rims Shimano WH-R550
Hubs Shimano WH-R550
Spokes Shimano WH-R550
Tires Hutchinson Top Speed foldable, 700x23c
Pedals N/A
Crank TruVatiV Elita SL, 39/53
Chain Shimano 9-speed
Rear Cogs SRAM PG-950, 12-26
Bottom Bracket TruVatiV Giga X Pipe
Front Derailleur Shimano 105
Rear Derailleur Shimano Ultegra
Shifters Shimano 105
Handlebars Cannondale Fire, 31.8mm, w/Profile GT Jammer Clip-on
Stem Cannondale Fire 3-D Forged
Headset FSA Alloy integrated
Brakeset Cannondale Omega
Brakelevers Shimano 105
Saddle Fi'zi:k Arione Triathlon Mg
Seat Post Cannondale Carbon-wrapped
2006-06-26 12:59 PM
in reply to: #461476

User image

Veteran
Highlands Ranch, CO
Subject: RE: Cannondale Sprint vs. Felt75
I bought a Felt F80 for $900 at a local shop...put Aero bars on it and LOVE it.

I talked to alot of Felt users...they all love the performance and bang for the buck.
New Thread
General Discussion Triathlon Talk » Cannondale Sprint vs. Felt75 Rss Feed