General Discussion Triathlon Talk » Iphone App - Ant+ / Powermeter Display Rss Feed  
Moderators: k9car363, alicefoeller Reply
2012-10-31 11:54 AM

User image

Veteran
Iowa
Subject: Iphone App - Ant+ / Powermeter Display

I have changed over to the Garmin speed and cadence sensor and have those settings in my Garmin 910.  I bike alot on the trainer but am looking for more data fields to display and don't care for the scrolling feature on the watch.  I thought at one time, the Iphone had an App to display Ant+ items.   Is there such a feature and has anyone had good / bad luck with such items or any feedback would be greatly appreciated.  My old setup had my 310 display and then the cadence was displayed on my cateye display, but since i have changed over to soley Garmin, there has to be a better display or do I need to go with the Powertap display.

Fields i'm interested in are:  Time, cadence, power, %max power, HR, interval time, etc.  Let me know if anyone has any suggestions.

2012-10-31 12:22 PM
in reply to: #4476885

User image

Master
Subject: RE: Iphone App - Ant+ / Powermeter Display
harleyclone - 2012-10-31 11:54 AM

I have changed over to the Garmin speed and cadence sensor and have those settings in my Garmin 910.  I bike alot on the trainer but am looking for more data fields to display and don't care for the scrolling feature on the watch.  I thought at one time, the Iphone had an App to display Ant+ items.   Is there such a feature and has anyone had good / bad luck with such items or any feedback would be greatly appreciated.  My old setup had my 310 display and then the cadence was displayed on my cateye display, but since i have changed over to soley Garmin, there has to be a better display or do I need to go with the Powertap display.

Fields i'm interested in are:  Time, cadence, power, %max power, HR, interval time, etc.  Let me know if anyone has any suggestions.

With your Garmin ANT+ stick you can get all of it on your computer screen with trainer road for 10 bucks a month. I use it and love it.

There is an ANT+ app for android. Not sure about iPhone though.

2012-10-31 7:39 PM
in reply to: #4476885

User image

Veteran
Pittsburgh, PA
Subject: RE: Iphone App - Ant+ / Powermeter Display

Have you looked at signing up for trainer road? You would need a laptop or computer near your trainer.

You don't need to follow any of the workouts as you can do "free rides." It will show everything you are looking for and save it for future reference.

I think they will be releasing a mobile app sometime in the spring that will remove the computer needed aspect.

New Thread
General Discussion Triathlon Talk » Iphone App - Ant+ / Powermeter Display Rss Feed