General Discussion Triathlon Talk » Need Some Shoe Help ( injury related). Rss Feed  
Moderators: k9car363, alicefoeller Reply
2012-12-07 9:04 AM

User image

Master
Dothan, Al
Subject: Need Some Shoe Help ( injury related).

BAck in the late Spring / Early Summer I developed foot issues. I beleive it was from wearing old / worn out boots at work. ( Yeah I know shame, shame on me tisk tisk.) The painful spot was in my heel, at the back right corner) (Lateral / Posterior for you medical types). After many direct injections of cortizone, it was better. Three days after the final shot I rolled that ankle fell and re-dammged it...I finally have the pain down to around a 1. ( intially on a scale of 1-10 it was "stepping on a Lego).

I now have some Atex insoles and I am getting ready to buy some new shoes for running and Cross Fit type exercises. Due to finacial reasons, I am hoping I can use the same shoes for both.

I am ( or was) normally a slight pronator, and did good eith a mild stability type shoe ( Brooks GTS series).

Should I go with stability or Cushion?

Should I look at something diffrent like Newtons? Would this put me up on my toes and off my heel? Or do I need something with more heel support?

2012-12-07 9:13 AM
in reply to: #4525975

User image

Master
Falls Church, VA
Subject: RE: Need Some Shoe Help ( injury related).

If you had good results with a stability shoe, I would stick with it. Cushion shoes generally have more cushion in the forefoot.

About Newtons, I like them and like running in them, But I do not like walking around in them (this might just be me). I do not think they would be good for dual purpose as you are looking for. 

This is just my experience, other feet may vary.

2012-12-07 3:07 PM
in reply to: #4525975

User image

Master
Dothan, Al
Subject: RE: Need Some Shoe Help ( injury related).

Thanks For the help and advice!!! (And I love the disclaimer, LOL)

New Thread
General Discussion Triathlon Talk » Need Some Shoe Help ( injury related). Rss Feed