General Discussion Triathlon Talk » HELP! Need Atlanta Masters Swimming Rss Feed  
Moderators: k9car363, alicefoeller Reply
2012-12-14 9:44 AM

User image

Subject: HELP! Need Atlanta Masters Swimming

Has anybody had any luck w/ various options for Masters Swimming in Atlanta? I live on the west side of downtown and work in the Vinings area. Most of the searching I've done for masters swims has come up w/ results 20 miles out of my way or more, which doesn't help much. Also, early mornings are an issue because I'm still pushing it to get to the office on time. I tried the Westminster swim, and they were great... but getting there on time and still making it to work w/ plenty of time was a huge stretch!

I have an individual coach who is helping me w/ everything related to my tri training, but I need to get in w/ a masters swim group. I'm half-tempted to join one of the local tri clubs just for their swim sessions, though most of those aren't exactly convenient either...but they could be do-able.

I also considered joining a gym w/ masters swimming, except that my company pays for my current gym membership at a gym that I enjoy and is extremely convenient (just lacks aquatics).

Any tips??? I can't seem to find anything with in-town sessions or anything remotely convenient to the west side of town that I can work into my schedule! I feel like there have got to be more than a handful of masters swimming groups in a city this size!

Thanks for whatever help you can offer here!

2012-12-14 11:25 AM
in reply to: #4535219

Subject: RE: HELP! Need Atlanta Masters Swimming
2012-12-14 2:53 PM
in reply to: #4535219

User image

Subject: RE: HELP! Need Atlanta Masters Swimming
We swim at Midtown Athletic Club off Windy Hill Pkwy. However, it does require a membership to the gym. Its a masters swim, but not referred to as such. The instructor just sent out an email with a new schedule.  Mon @ 6:30am, Mon & Wed @5:30p, and Fridays @ noon.
New Thread
General Discussion Triathlon Talk » HELP! Need Atlanta Masters Swimming Rss Feed