General Discussion Triathlon Talk » 2008 Specialized Transition Pro... Rss Feed  
Moderators: k9car363, alicefoeller Reply
2013-02-02 9:16 PM

User image

New user

Subject: 2008 Specialized Transition Pro...
Looking at a a 2008 Specialized Transition Pro...anyone have any feedback?  This will be my first tri bike.  I'm 5'9" female and currently ride a 2004 Specialized Allez Comp CR-Mo Double. 

2013-02-02 9:20 PM
in reply to: #4606051

User image

Master
Subject: RE: 2008 Specialized Transition Pro...
Can you post a pic of the seat clamp? There was a recall on that frame due to the top tube breaking. Make sure you get a good one.
2013-02-02 9:31 PM

User image

New user

?I found a review that mentioned that and will have to inquire about that when I talk to the seller...thanks for the warning.
2013-02-03 10:37 AM

User image

Pro
Twin Cities

I have the comp in a medium (and am a 5'9" female, as well). I am happy with it. I have not had a seat collar/post issue, but there were some issues with the rear brake that a bunch of folks (including me) had. One of the parts was machined incorrectly causing the brake to get stuck out of alignment.

HOWEVER, if the seller hasn't had an issue with it by now, you won't...it's one of those things that you notice right away, the first time you swap wheels and futz with it.

I will say, the horizontal drops and aero frame make swapping wheels a three-handed job, at least for me--but that's not a partciularity of this bike, just more of the way bikes are now. (And you CAN do it two-handed, I just find it easier with a third. :-))

2013-02-04 8:28 AM

User image

Master

This is the recalled seat clamp.

I've had three Transition Pro's over the course of two years. They are good bikes and sometimes I miss riding them.

A couple other items I would consider. Contacting your specialized dealer and ordering about 10 sets of the rubber stoppers that are on the fork so it does not crack the wings on the downtube. Also exam the area around the front derailleur. They have been notorious for tearing through the carbon.

2013-02-25 7:32 PM

User image

New user

Bought the bike...very happy with it...thanks for the feedback.

2021-02-14 2:10 PM
in reply to: jhouse4

Although this is many years after the original post on this thread (I think), I'm currently scrambling to find a seatpost compatible with a 2008 Specialized Transition Pro that I bought from a private seller last weekend, as sort of an impulse buy. My local fitter said that the existing seatpost was just not going to cut it, and was a dealbreaker unless I can find one at least 400mm, preferably 450mm. I'm definitely a newbie, and have been scouring ebay, pinkbike, etc. to see if I can find anything that is compatible, but it's looking like the pickings are fairly slim.

Do you (or anyone on this thread) have any recommendations on compatible seatposts for this particular year/model that would work for taller cyclists (requiring a seatpost length in the 400mm - 450mm range) ? The pic shown in this post has given me some hope that perhaps an S-works seatpost might work (and the color even matches !). However, at this point, I'd just be happy to find something that is compatible (teardrop-shaped aero seatpost for 2008 Specialized Transition Pro, preferably w/offset, and definitely in the 400mm - 450mm range ).

Thx !
New Thread
General Discussion Triathlon Talk » 2008 Specialized Transition Pro... Rss Feed