Rock CF Foundation
29F / -2C
Overcast
Total Time = 1h 51m 41s
Overall Rank = 235/799
Age Group = 45-49
Age Group Rank = 8/53
Pre-race routine:

smoothie with dates and no kale, new nutrition protocol, coffee. :) Left in time to make it with out speeding. ;)
Event warmup:

did a few drills in the gym, then it was time to run to the middle school from the high school. No time for strides today.
Run
  • 1h 51m 41s
  • 13.1 miles
  • 08m 32s  min/mile
Comments:

Really felt good today. Went out at planned pace, but from mile 2 on almost all miles were faster than I expected to run them, some quite a bit faster! HR was very managable (I don't look at it anymore...I checked just once during the 8:27 mile) and I FELT sooo much better than in Phoenix. I know I was better rested, but I think my new nutrition is working well too. I found some guys to "draft off of" to protect me from the wind about 7-9, then a great rabbit at 10...she had great form and I followed her tactics running the course. She out ran me the last 5k, but in the last mile I found my friend Paul and reeled him in, then drafted a bit off of him too. Good advice from my sister Cathleen! Super excited to have the PR monkey off my back at this distance! Getting older and faster while biking is possible! Wheeee!
What would you do differently?:

Only thing is to seed myself better at the start as I was behind the mile markers in the early part of the race in my distances. I ran a pretty good tactical race the second half as I got the distance a tad closer to 13.1.
Post race
Warm down:

None really. Just was so stoked to have pr'd...walked to the food with Dave Z and got a bit to eat. Then got my gear and got changed into dry stuff and drank my recoverite. May regret not getting the free massage or stretching on site! :-)

What limited your ability to perform faster:

Not much today. I finally got out of my head and just ran how I felt. Which was awesome.

Event comments:

Love racing here...Rock CF foundation does a great job with this race, and I love racing with my downriver team mates and friends. Just a great time. Love love love racing with friends! 3rd year running it and it will stay on the calendar for 2014!

Last updated: 2013-03-24 12:00 AM
Running
01:51:41 | 13.1 miles | 08m 32s  min/mile
Age Group: 8/53
Overall: 265/799
Performance: Good
8:50, 157 avg hr 8:39, 161 8:31, 162 8:36, 163 8:27, 166 8:32, 166 8:30, 167 8;35, 167 8:29, 169 8:47, 169 (walked to take gu this mile) 8:19, 175 8:23, 176 8:07, 176 6:59, 181 .13 mile
Course: really nice mostly flat run on Grosse Ile, along the river for a few miles. Went through the airport hanger this year which had some turning and around a little out and back, but otherwise a straight forward run!
Keeping cool Good Drinking Just right
Post race
Weight change: %
Overall: Good
Mental exertion [1-5] 4
Physical exertion [1-5] 4
Good race? Yes
Evaluation
Course challenge Just right
Organized? Yes
Events on-time? Yes
Lots of volunteers? Yes