General Discussion Triathlon Talk » Super Sprint in 8 days---1st Rss Feed  
Moderators: k9car363, alicefoeller Reply
2006-07-07 10:10 AM

User image

Elite
Cheesehead, WI
Subject: Super Sprint in 8 days---1st
Ok, so I'm not up for an IronMan yet...but heck, what the hay right?

I got lots of feedback here about doing a Sprint in 6 weeks. And decided to do a SuperSprint (220 yards, 8.8 miles, 1.8 miles)with just 2 weeks training under my belt. (2 weeks for just the swim and run...biking is something I've done all along and expect no real issues as far as stamina).

I may be nuts but figure it will be a good segue into a Sprint as well as a nice little introduction into how Triathlons work, layout, transition issues etc...

My goal is to finish.... alive! I may have to break into the breast stroke during the swim and maybe even have to walk for a few feet during the run but dag-gonnit I will finish unless I keel over from heat exhaustion.

Now if I could just get my hoofs to go a bit longer and get my breathing down on the swim...I'll be one happy chiquita! (aren't newbies amused by such simple things?!)

2006-07-07 1:16 PM
in reply to: #475957

User image

Expert
St. Louis
Subject: RE: Super Sprint in 8 days---1st

You've got the right attitude, for sure. and you seem to have the right skills. You'll do great!

Be sure to post a race report when you're done. It feels good to re-cap the event, plus you'll be able to learn from them as you go.

Good luck!

~B

2006-07-07 5:30 PM
in reply to: #475957

Ottawa
Subject: RE: Super Sprint in 8 days---1st
Good luck with your first race. And just remember it is not about how fast you go, as long as you finish.
New Thread
General Discussion Triathlon Talk » Super Sprint in 8 days---1st Rss Feed