General Discussion Triathlon Talk » Just withdrew from Raleigh 70.3 Rss Feed  
Moderators: k9car363, alicefoeller Reply
2013-04-15 10:09 AM

Subject: Just withdrew from Raleigh 70.3
Well, I am in tears right now. I thought and thought about just doing the swim, bike but just chose to shut it down this early season in hopes of dropping this last 15 pounds and injecting some life into my failing hip. Difficult decision BUT it was done in hope of salvaging a fall season at a much better weight. I rode 60 miles this weekend but at a really slow pace due to the lack of carbs. I was able yesterday to run(shuffle) 30 min and then walked 9 holes with my hubby playing.
Anywho, not the end of the world. My decision, and I am sure it was the right one. Just a bit sad, that's all. I will get over it......
I am thinking of Kathy G lately and her knee.....any updates?

2013-04-15 1:49 PM
in reply to: #4700551

User image

Veteran
Mission Viejo,
Subject: RE: Just withdrew from Raleigh 70.3
I feel your pain!  I am at the point of a DNS at my hometown A race.  A lower back issue 3 weeks ago is not getting any better and running, as I tried to do this morning, is out of the question.  I might do the swim and bike, neither of those leaves me in too much pain.  So depressed, have really worked hard for this race and had high expectations. Good luck, hope the rest of your season is a good one!
2013-04-15 4:53 PM
in reply to: #4700551

User image

Veteran
Subject: RE: Just withdrew from Raleigh 70.3
I understand where you are coming from. I had to DNS two races last fall because of a back injury preventing me from running. Worked hard all winter to get my running back where I wanted it after recovering from the injury, now I'm facing the possibility of triathlon being over for me since my back has flared up again. I'm doing a sprint this weekend but after that I just don't know. I may be a cyclist and swimmer, but can't run because of my back. 
New Thread
General Discussion Triathlon Talk » Just withdrew from Raleigh 70.3 Rss Feed