70F / 21C
Overcast
Total Time = 1h 29m
Overall Rank = /
Age Group =
Age Group Rank = 0/
Post race
Event comments:

The 5k was fun, lots of people. Waves were spaced 6 minutes apart. The course went around the parking lot, through animal kingdom, back into the parking lot. There were three obstacles, jumping hay bales, running thru tires, crawling thru dirt under a net. Disney runs a tight organized race, water stations before the race with dj and announcer keeping the crowd pumped, lots of volunteers, bubble machines to look like snow, we had our kids aged 9 and 11 with us and we did it as a family. Lots of costumes and very family friendly even w the 10 pm start time.

The scavenger hunt starts after the race, you get four clues that lead you to different parts of the park, we walked the hunt portion of the race, some people ran. I would estimate that the hunt takes you on about a two mile run/walk. The volunteers were helpful if you couldn't get a clue figured out. You could really just follow the crowd. The last clue was the hardest, you had to use all your clues to math a symbol on your bib. We spent awhile trying to figure out the puzzle but when we crossed the finish line, no one asked for our answer anyway. Cool medals, compasses that open. I would like to see more food/snacks at the end given the overall cost of Disney races. The tech shirts were nice, but men's sizing so they were huge on me and they didn't have kids sizes for my daughters unfortunately. We then got to go into the park, road the Everest coaster several times with only 10 min wait. Dinoland attractions were open and the river ride in Africa. We also road the jeep Dino ride and only waited a couple of minutes for that. Overall it was a fun race, not sure I'd do it again given the crowds and the lateness of it with kids. Great experience once though

Last updated: 2013-01-01 12:00 AM
Post race
Weight change: %
Overall:
Mental exertion [1-5]
Physical exertion [1-5]
Good race?
Evaluation
Course challenge
Organized?
Events on-time?
Lots of volunteers?