General Discussion Triathlon Talk » Bike fitter reviews NE Florida Rss Feed  
Moderators: k9car363, alicefoeller Reply
2013-05-14 7:43 PM

User image

Expert
Fernandina Beach, FL
Subject: Bike fitter reviews NE Florida

Needing to go get a bike fit done before my mileage really ramps up for IMFL this year. I've been comfortable until now with the fit I received when I purchased my bike. I'm finding it uncomfortable after 2 hours now. The first fit I received was a generic fit with what looked like a protractor and a weight tied to a string. In researching I've found Bike fitters, Open Road, and Trek as options just looking to hear if anyone has experience with any?

Thanks

2013-05-21 7:06 AM
in reply to: rjrankin83

User image

Veteran
Jacksonville
Subject: RE: Bike fitter reviews NE Florida
I went to BikeFitters for my fit last year, and had very similar experiences with being on the bike for longer than 2 hours leading in to IMFL last year.

Overall, I was pretty happy with my fit. I was having some issues with my neck and shoulders (previous injury) on my longer rides. Drew did a great job of getting me more comfortable, while still wanting to maintain power output. He also does a quick running analysis of you as well, nothing too serious, but videos and critiques one or two things.

My only qualm with the experience was this: you are spending a decent amount of money for the fit, and for 40-50% of the time, he is trying to sell his workout sessions, running bio-mechanics, and/or coaching. I get that he is a salesman, but honestly it was pretty annoying after a while. If/when I get a new bike, I will not go back to him.

For what it's worth, when I picked up my friend to go to Florida 70.3 this weekend, he had done BFAST at Mayport this past weekend, and I remember seeing a flyer for a bike fitter in St. Augustine area. They were Retul certified.
2013-05-27 8:50 PM
in reply to: Savage8778

User image

Expert
Fernandina Beach, FL
Thanks for the heads up on Bike Fitters. I'm set with coaching and happy with my running stride so I'll probably shy away from them. Trek comes up for the local races and DRC gives away a bike fit for each race, so as sad as it may sound I may wait until after the Jax tri series to try anyone in hopes I may win the bike fitting. I probably won't win it but as soon as I get the fitting I'll win the raffle next race. I was leaning towards the beaches Trek store anyway because they're Retul certified and closer than St. Auggie but do you happen to know the store from the flyer? I'm not doing BFAST because I spent the reg fees on Augusta.
2013-05-31 10:58 AM
in reply to: rjrankin83

New user
I purchased a Trek Speed Concept at the Trek store on San Jose and had my fit done there. The fit was under $100 and I think got a decent fit. I've done rides over three hours and the one complaint I had was they didn't measure/adjust the cleats on my bike shoes but I am not sure they could have. What was happening is I was getting numbness in the feet. I adjusted the cleats myself which fixed that problem and everything else is good.

-Mark

New Thread
General Discussion Triathlon Talk » Bike fitter reviews NE Florida Rss Feed