General Discussion Triathlon Talk » Request for iron distance triathletes participation in university study survey on sustainability Rss Feed  
Moderators: k9car363, alicefoeller Reply
2013-07-29 4:20 AM

Regular
Subject: Request for iron distance triathletes participation in university study survey on sustainability
Hi All,

My husband is an iron-distance triathlete so first of all, hats off to you guys as I am but a sprint distance girl (for now at least…).

I am currently completing a Master’s degree in Sustainable development with the University in Le Mans, in France, and am in the process of writing a dissertation on sustainability and social ethics in Ironman and Iron distance racing.

To that end, I’ve created a set of survey questions that I’d like to submit to triathletes who have raced in at least one iron-distance race.

I would therefore be extremely grateful to any and all of you who would be kind enough to spare me a bit of time and help me in my study. The aim of my research is to provide better insight and possible solutions to evaluate the current situation and to eventually create more sustainable and ethically respectful races.

To participate in the survey, you simply need to complete the attached Excel file (I can also email to you) and email it back to me at [email protected]

It should take around 15mn max.

Please note that results will be presented in the paper and to the Master’s jury on the basis of figures and profiles, not individuals (I only ask for first and last names for my own organizational purposes, but feel free to only supply initials or a screen name if you prefer).

Also, no participant will be cited unless prior written express consent is granted.
Of course, you may contact me at any time at that email with any questions.

Sincerely hoping you will be interested in participating, and wishing you all the best in your races and training,

Joelle Etienne

Attachments
----------------
AGE GROUPER SURVEY ENGLISH.xlsx (15KB - 73 downloads)

2013-07-30 3:09 AM
in reply to: joellee

Regular
Subject: RE: Request for iron distance triathletes participation in university study survey on sustainability
Hi all

Quick note to be added : please indicate if your current country of residence if it is outside the USA.

Thanks heaps to those who have already started sending in input!

Cheers
Joelle
New Thread
General Discussion Triathlon Talk » Request for iron distance triathletes participation in university study survey on sustainability Rss Feed  
RELATED POSTS

What's Your Favorite Half Iron or Iron Distance Race

Started by eddie04
Views: 1418 Posts: 4

2006-09-15 8:43 AM us50090

Having a wee tiny thought about half-Iron distance

Started by CLLinIA
Views: 1869 Posts: 19

2005-04-03 12:25 AM sjhamblin

results from a study on ironman-distance triathletes

Started by matluebbers
Views: 1115 Posts: 1

2005-02-06 8:49 PM matluebbers

iron man distance triathlon

Started by daveha
Views: 1554 Posts: 5

2004-12-01 12:21 AM daveha

Gong Long vs Iron Distance

Started by Steve-
Views: 1557 Posts: 8

2004-12-04 9:34 AM mikericci
RELATED ARTICLES
date : June 28, 2012
author : writingrunner
comments : 0
How my first half iron distance triathlon brought back feelings of high school competition.

date : July 14, 2009
author : scoobysdad
Excerpts from the full-length movie of three BT'ers following their dreams to Ironman. Meet BT'er tripletmom01
date : August 21, 2008
author : vm354
comments : 1
How Pilates training helped a wanna-be triathlete realize the goal of completing a half-Ironman, Ironman 70.3 Rhode Island.

date : May 7, 2008
author : AMSSM
comments : 4
Studies looking at stretching have had mixed results. It is a difficult to examine because stretching is ingrained in the psyche of so many athletes that they are unwilling to participate as controls.
date : July 9, 2007
The consensus is that caffeine does enhance performance and decreases perceived exertion in endurance exercise. There are no significant performance benefits in short, high-intensity exercise.

date : September 3, 2005
author : chrisandniki
This is not an easy task, especially for the “9-to-5er” with family. But you can do it – all without sacrificing your marriage, job or family.
date : July 17, 2005
Is there any current literature or recommendations on this subject, and when do you know it's time to stop activities like running before the damage is done or worsened?

date : June 14, 2005
author : infosteward
More than any other factor – including distances in other sports, weight, height – time on bike proved important for faster performance.