General Discussion Triathlon Talk » Paleo Diet Rss Feed  
Moderators: k9car363, alicefoeller Reply

of 2

2014-01-28 5:07 PM
in reply to: runspingirl

Subject: RE: Paleo Diet
I've been looking into this topic and have found quite a lot of endurance athletes go Paleo in everything except training/race nutrition. Paleo is something that I have toyed with but I don't deal well with negative reinforcement (you can't eat that) which is a personal thing for me.

One thing I am finding is going for the Low-Carb Diet option is really paying off and I am starting to lose weight and I feel great (that wasn't meant to rhyme in a cheesy way). I haven't done any longer sessions using purely gels yet but I'm interesting to see how that goes. There is a great market for someone to produce a 'Paleo-friendly' fuel during longer training or events. Maybe it isn't possible?

Anyway if anyone is interested I have put a few more of my findings on my site which has the aim of raising as much sponsorship as I can for Scope up to the running for IMUK 2014. http://www.ironcrab.com/2014/01/paleo-low-carb-diet-for-ironman-uk-...

Thanks
Andrew

New Thread
General Discussion Triathlon Talk » Paleo Diet Rss Feed  

of 2

RELATED POSTS

---

Started by Irnwmn
Views: 978 Posts: 1

2013-12-15 4:32 PM Irnwmn

Paleo Diet training nutrition question

Started by bad91
Views: 1913 Posts: 5

2011-11-01 10:26 PM runspingirl

Paleo Diet! Pages: 1 2 3

Started by rbtrumpet
Views: 11894 Posts: 67

2011-10-13 8:55 PM DiOnMaui

Paleo Diet interest

Started by femanual
Views: 1524 Posts: 6

2010-07-31 9:02 PM jamauk

Paleo Diet?

Started by chirunner134
Views: 1067 Posts: 12

2006-09-25 7:59 PM TH3_FRB
RELATED ARTICLES
date : March 21, 2012
author : Nancy Clark
comments : 2
Striving to eat a perfect diet commonly results in deprivation of foods you truly like to eat. You will inevitably end up binging on those foods, sooner or later. Learn how to eat normally.

date : June 21, 2011
comments : 1
How recent studies can impact your training and nutrition strategies
date : May 31, 2011
comments : 5
Is giving into cravings necessarily a bad thing?

date : April 15, 2011
comments : 1
The latest in sports nutrition from researchers around the nation.
date : January 20, 2011
comments : 0
Should I buy organic or standard foods? Fresh or frozen vegetables? Low-fat or fat-free milk? Get tips inside.

date : June 29, 2010
author : mrakes1
Discussions on losing weight during half Ironman training, high sugar fruits to avoid, and the Paleo diet.
date : April 26, 2010
author : mrakes1
Discussions on good vs bad sugars, fluid loss replacement, clean eating, the Paleo diet and are gels necessary for olympic races.

date : December 5, 2006
author : IRONVIKING
The crux of rehab was so simple: “Eat and exercise like your life depended on it.” It seemed to take all the guesswork out of the picture and make things that much easier for me.