General Discussion Triathlon Talk » Two Pair of Running Shoes - Nike and Newton Rss Feed  
Moderators: k9car363, alicefoeller Reply
2013-12-23 1:08 AM

User image

Subject: Two Pair of Running Shoes - Nike and Newton
Hi all,

I have heard it is good to rotate running shoes. I have been a Nike user for years now but am very interested in the Newtons. Is it crazy to get a pair and alternate these two shoes for my training? It seems if you are going to rotate shoes the second pair should be different from the first. Maybe I am wrong on that. I tend to have a short stride so I think that the Newtons won't be too radical for me.

Paul

2013-12-23 3:59 AM
in reply to: pfomalont

New user
Bonney Lake
Subject: RE: Two Pair of Running Shoes - Nike and Newton
Thats a hard call Newtons are a lot different than Nike. I bought some Newtons last year after years of other brands. I got them on sale so I bought two pair to rotate. I would not recommend going between Newton and another brand. Newton is a particular feel and form that you need to get use to and if you go to the Nike you might loose the feel a little. Unless you are use to both shoes already then it might not matter. For me going to a shoe that was not Newton when I had them was hard, but I am not sure I was fully use to my newtons.
2013-12-23 11:54 PM
in reply to: #4916998

User image

Thanks for the advice. I am curious about he Newtons so I might give them a try but I think you are right probably not the correct shoe to rotate with.
2013-12-24 5:53 AM
in reply to: pfomalont

User image

Pro
, New Hampshire
It all depends on your gait. If you're a natural mid or forefoot striker, then you'd be fine rotating to Newtons. Although I suspect, once you start to run in them, you'd never go back to your Nike's…

Newtons either work for you or they don't. Never heard anyone say, they work, but I just didn't like them (although I'm certain there's a few out there).
New Thread
General Discussion Triathlon Talk » Two Pair of Running Shoes - Nike and Newton Rss Feed  
RELATED POSTS

Newton Running Shoes

Started by bsc77
Views: 3223 Posts: 16

2011-07-15 6:20 PM MX n TRI n Az

Nike shoes with using Nike+ ????

Started by kuotaguy
Views: 1037 Posts: 9

2007-12-31 10:41 AM Whizzzzz

Breaking in a pair of running shoes

Started by dougd
Views: 834 Posts: 14

2007-08-18 9:38 PM tri42

Newton Running Shoe's Pages: 1 2 3 4

Started by bryancd
Views: 8616 Posts: 81

2009-05-01 2:04 PM trix

New pair of running shoes. Air Perseus/

Started by Canadian_newfie
Views: 1083 Posts: 2

2004-05-22 11:06 AM roxx
RELATED ARTICLES
date : December 5, 2013
author : AMSSM
comments : 0
So, since my beloved go-to shoe brand has changed its shoe, after reading the bruhaha about the minimalist shoe, I decided to give it a try. Now I have a foot issue with my arch area.

date : May 2, 2012
author : alicefoeller
comments : 3
A comprehensive look at a controversial trend-- for triathletes like you
date : February 28, 2012
author : greggseltzer
comments : 6
Why barefoot running is not suited for the average runner.

date : November 2, 2011
comments : 4
A doctor's take on how to safely transition to minimalist shoes and how to treat existing injuries
date : March 23, 2011
What could be causing the pain on the top of the foot at the toes? Here are some easy ways to find the cause and possibly end the pain.

date : March 9, 2010
comments : 1
Most people believe that running barefoot is dangerous. Certainly, depending upon the surface, they would be correct. However, there is some suggestion that running barefoot may reduce injuries.
date : April 22, 2009
comments : 1
I got a new pair of the same size / brand of shoes and started running on them. On my left foot, the toe next to the big toe starts to get a little painful and goes numb after the first 1-3 miles.

date : March 13, 2005
author : Iron MaYden
Product Review: Nike MP3 Run digital audio player with pedometer. Get the skinny on accuracy and userability.