General Discussion Triathlon Talk » A Shameless Plug Rss Feed  
Moderators: k9car363, alicefoeller Reply
2014-05-16 4:09 PM

User image

Subject: A Shameless Plug
Hi all,

I have been with this community of BT'ers for 3 years now and truly think you all have been a major help in getting me through 2 Ironmans! This year instead of racing another Ironman(as well as saving up for a move) I decided to host a race in my hometown! I work for a small private university and was a varsity track and CC athlete there all 4 years and wanted to give back to the program that allowed me to follow my passion for running while getting an education so I started the Be A Beaver Triathlon. It is May 31st in Bluffton Ohio and all proceeds go to the Bluffton University Track and CC teams to help them go to some bigger races.

Here is the link to where you can sign up and learn more about the event: http://www.3disciplines.com/Events/Be-A-Beaver-Triathlon/

If you are interested in reading more i will go a little more in depth about the race and the University team you would be helping out.

The race is a 400m pool swim in the outdoor community pool in town, followed by a 13 mile flat and fast bike course out in the country of northwest Ohio. Finally you finish with a 5k running through 2 parks and with one loop of the university CC course/Nature Preserve.

The Bluffton University Track and CC teams have been growing exponentially for the last 4 years. When I was a senior on the team we have 5 male athletes on the CC team and 6 Female Athletes and a combined Track and Field team of about 25 athletes. We now have 12 male CC athletes and 14 Female athletes and 60 members of the track and field team combined. This is largely attributed to the outstanding work of the new coaches we received 4 years ago who have taken a team in shambles to a team that consistently places in the top quarter of our regional. But a growing team comes with a growing cost and because we are a division 3 school we always make sure all our athletes compete at meets every weekend. This fundraiser will pay for all 60 athletes to travel and compete in Virginia for 2 days during spring break every year.

Please consider adding this great new event to your race schedule if not just for a early season tune up, but even for a great weekend brick workout. very low cost at $60 per competitor and relays at $100 and is professionally managed by the 3 Disciplines racing crew.

It has been a pleasure to compete and observe all of you and I hope to see you on May 31st in Bluffton!

2014-05-20 4:02 PM
in reply to: #4997346

User image

Subject: RE: A Shameless Plug
Nothing shameless at all! My wife and I will be there with a few other folks from Lima. It's great to see another event close to home. Hope the pool water is warm enough.
New Thread
General Discussion Triathlon Talk » A Shameless Plug Rss Feed