Other Resources My Cup of Joe » Hair Removal Rss Feed  
Moderators: k9car363, the bear, DerekL, alicefoeller Reply
2004-07-13 6:28 AM

User image

Master
Marietta, Ga
Subject: Hair Removal
My girlfiriend caught me shaving my legs yesterday and I felt very wierd. If she had any concerns about whether this tri thing was an obsession, I guess now she knows for sure.

To all you ladies out there, I just want to emphathize with you about what a pain in the a$$ it is to shave your legs. Does anyone have experience with removal techniques other than shaving? There's got to be a better way.

Thank you.

2004-07-13 8:46 AM
in reply to: #37036

User image

utah
Subject: RE: Hair Removal

Waxing! You can do it yourself or have your girlfriend help but of course you can pay someone to do it as well.  I like this alot better than having to shave every other day or so.  However, if you're a wuss and I am not saying that you are but if you can't take a little uncomfortableness waxing may not be in your best interest as it is for some people painful

Creams work too but they get to be expensive in my opinion and a lot of them are stinky and irritate the skin. 

Waxing -- try it!

2004-07-13 9:29 AM

User image

Extreme Veteran
Boston, MA
Motivated - 2004-07-13 6:28 AM

My girlfiriend caught me shaving my legs yesterday and I felt very wierd.

HAHA, i'm a little worried of experiencing the same thing once i decide to 'take the plunge' and shave my legs... i cant even imagine the wierd looks i'll get from my girlfriend.

When i shaved my legs in HS for swim team, i just did the 'ol razor and shaving cream so thats all i've got experience with. I liked it, except for it made my morning showers much longer than they already are. I am a little tempted to try waxing so i wont have to do it as often... so keep us updated with whatever method you try (as well as any reactions from your gf or others.)
2004-07-13 2:26 PM

User image

Elite Veteran
Roscoe, IL.
Karl,
if that's the worst she catches you at, she doesn't have much to worry about .

Now, the only advise I have is DON"T USE HER RAZOR! everytime I grab my wifes, I nearly bleed to death in the tub. Go for a good old Gilette Mach 3 and some Edge shave gel. Do a thorough job once a week and a touch up every other day in the shower. Welcome to the club.
BTW, did you go all the way or just to the tan line?

Don
2004-07-13 5:32 PM

Veteran
Colorado Springs
I remember when I was 16 and my mom caught me shaving... my brothers still tease me... I have had my back waxed and done it at home with help, it was much less painful to have a pro doing it...
2004-07-13 5:47 PM

Phoenix, Arizona
Yes, it's a pain and will always be a pain no matter what route you choose. Venus razors are awesome if you don't want to have to wait for the hair to grow out. They have an open back so no matter how long your leg hair is, it comes right out the back. The first time is the worst on both you and the razor (yes, my guy recently converted to the Hairless Cult). The blades are a bit pricey but last for a month at least. Skintimate sensitive skin shaving cream really helps out too! Personally I've been trying out an electric razor because I get goosebumps easily and wind up with something resembling road rash when I shave in the shower. It's ok but doesn't leave me silky smooth like the Venus.

And any girlfriend that doesn't lend her support to her guy for shaving his legs should be forced to tri with him! Don't feel weird! If anything it's sexy!

2004-07-13 6:48 PM

User image

Master
Sonoma County, CA
I like to get my legs waxed myself, but that can get expensive....

if you're of a mind to tryit at home, the best product I've found that me and my girlfriends now swear by is Nair's roll-on sugar wax.... http://www.naircare.com/products/index.asp

pop it in the microwave, roll it on, and pull....it's the least painful (unless you heat the wax too much) and has given me and my friends the best results....

New Thread
Other Resources My Cup of Joe » Hair Removal Rss Feed