Other Resources My Cup of Joe » GoPro which one and what accessories? Rss Feed  
Moderators: k9car363, the bear, DerekL, alicefoeller Reply
2015-02-26 10:34 PM

User image

Extreme Veteran
Subject: GoPro which one and what accessories?
Thinking of getting a boorish for family stuff (skiing, biking, kayaking). Went yo the store and more than doubled the pride with suggested accessories. I decided to hold off and research some more. What do I really need/ want?

2015-02-27 11:31 AM
in reply to: Moonrocket

User image

Deep in the Heart of Texas
Subject: RE: GoPro which one and what accessories?

Originally posted by Moonrocket Thinking of getting a boorish for family stuff (skiing, biking, kayaking). Went yo the store and more than doubled the pride with suggested accessories. I decided to hold off and research some more. What do I really need/ want?

I have no information on boorish accessories, but I was watching a cycling video today that was really cool.  Turns out it was a VIRB Action camera from Garmin.  The video, linked below, shows a power meter, speedometer, and % grade.  I have no idea what it syncs with or how the information gets on the video, just thought it might be worth a look.

VIRB cycling video

2015-02-27 8:37 PM

User image

Extreme Veteran
I got the GoPro 3+ for Christmas and it has done pretty well. Accessories are expensive if you buy one at a time, but amazon has a number of bundles you can get much cheaper. We took our skiing a couple weekends ago and it worked well.
2015-02-28 10:22 AM
in reply to: jmcconne

User image

Master
Bellevue, WA

Originally posted by jmcconne I got the GoPro 3+ for Christmas and it has done pretty well. Accessories are expensive if you buy one at a time, but amazon has a number of bundles you can get much cheaper. We took our skiing a couple weekends ago and it worked well.

I have a 3+ Silver. It seemed a good balance between features and price. Find a comparison chart on their website and see what you need.

eBay and Amazon are so much cheaper than in person for accessories, but there are many low quality clone parts.

2015-03-01 11:43 AM

User image

Regular
Grand Junction, Colorado
The bigger question is What Are You Doing??? Meaning…. more photos than videos??? Action shots?? Mounting to a road bike??? Video of your swim stroke??? I also have the GoPro 3 Silver and have shot tons of time lapse video. Keep in mind, the GoPro OG , 2, & 3 are almost useless for night time projects.
2015-03-01 3:56 PM
in reply to: #5096529

User image

Extreme Veteran
Oops totally missed the spell checks- boorish was supposed to be GoPro and pride was supposed to be price.

I'd like it for videos of Alpine skiing, mountain biking and whitewater kayaking mostly. I would like good still capability too so I can just use it for everything.

Sorry for the mistakes!

2015-03-14 1:39 PM

User image

Expert
Central New Jersey
husband offered me one for Valentines Day (actually a dashcam) and I ended up with a Garmin Virb after much research. LOVE IT! shows, speed elevation GPS etc.
2015-03-19 5:40 PM
in reply to: The Padre

User image

Seattle

Originally posted by The Padre The bigger question is What Are You Doing??? Meaning…. more photos than videos??? Action shots?? Mounting to a road bike??? Video of your swim stroke??? I also have the GoPro 3 Silver and have shot tons of time lapse video. Keep in mind, the GoPro OG , 2, & 3 are almost useless for night time projects.

Great questions and points made here. I love mine but it certainly has its limitations (nighttime, distance shots etc)

To the OP,

Also, read this: http://www.outsideonline.com/outdoor-gear/gear-shed/edge/Is-GoPro-Under-Pressure.html?utm_source=facebook&utm_medium=social&utm_campaign=facebookpost

I'm not sure what your timeline is but there are a whole lot of competitors to gopro with a lower price-point. You may want to sit tight and see how things pan out.

Also, they now have a cheaper entry level model http://shop.gopro.com/cameras/hero/CHDHA-301.html that seems to be reviewed well. I'd be curious if it matched up with your needs and then curious if any of the competition was better (polaroid cube etc.)

Again, don't get me wrong, I LOVE mine but technology is ever changing. 

2015-03-25 11:59 AM
in reply to: #5097075

User image

Extreme Veteran
I ended up getting a hero 4 silver on sale. Just charged it up. I want to take it on a kayaking trip and basically chose it since it can do pretty good quality stills as well as video- so I can just bring one waterproof camera for everything. Now to choose accessories!
New Thread
Other Resources My Cup of Joe » GoPro which one and what accessories? Rss Feed