Site Issues Training Log & Site Support » Water consumption log Rss Feed  
Moderators: k9car363, alicefoeller Reply
2004-07-18 12:11 AM

User image

Veteran
Peoria AZ
Subject: Water consumption log
I know we talked about this awhile back in PM's Ron...you said to bring it up in here...maybe I did it already, I forgot. Anyhow, what about a feature to track our water consumption levels. Would be cool to see it in the graphs along with HR and so on...any thoughts everyone?

I'm going to start tracking it in my nutrition box just for fun to start off with.

2004-07-18 7:47 PM
in reply to: #38337

User image

utah
Subject: RE: Water consumption log

I like that idea too ! I'm often fighting to get water in my daily regimine .. I try to track it myself but i often fall short. 

Another thing though i know this would be lots of work and all but a better way to log nutrition .. if only two columns of emtpy boxes were you could list the name and then to the right of it the calorie content that adds itself up ... i luv the logs for activity but since i have to log calories somewhere else it's hard to do both so i go through .. logging everything in one place and right now i'm more focused on calories and fitday while i don't like it as well has the ability to log exercise too so i'm been using it.  I know i read somewhere that it might be an upcoming feature when more time is available for that sorta thing I'll keep hoping!

THANKS!  this site ROCKS!!!

2004-07-18 10:18 PM
in reply to: #38427

User image

Champion
Gold member
logging h2o's - no problem, of course u would want a graph for that.  graphs get a little more expensive.  also somebody wanted to track equipment like shoe life and automatic reminders for stuff like that.  and someone mentioned body measurements - would need a graph for that too.  SO where does that leave us?  in a few months i have a couple of more critical updates that users have ask for first plus an addition to the race listings.  we will do that while converting the site over to a content management site...once bugs are gone, we will have our first ever 'membership drive' this fall...this will keep the WHOLE site free (per the poll earlier), get some money to pay for log updates (the wife would def not like me asking for any more $ - i am tapped), get some money for a part time editor to get more content, AND get money for nutrition logging (like fitday and others), online coaching setup and training plan download into logs...(plus some new training plans) besides doing the aforementioned h20, measurements and shoe tracker stuff.  i have everything quoted from my programmer...we just gotta raise funds.  it sounds like a lot of money for all this...it is...BUT we will be 5,000 members strong by then...if we can get 10% of those users to become a 'member' (actually a donation + some gifts), then EVERYTHING that i have written above will be finished by the years end per my cost analysis.  stay tuned for more details...u all really have something to get excited about should we pull this off.
2004-07-18 11:50 PM

User image

Veteran
Peoria AZ
AWESOME AWESOME AWESOME....I know your plate is full and I'm sorry to have added to the stress!!! I'm very greatful for what I have so far. You the man Ron!!!
2004-07-19 11:47 AM
in reply to: #38483

User image

Champion
Gold member
oh, i forgot to add 'planned' training to the list..kinda parallels online coaching and plan downloads and uses some of the same programming...so my hopes are to do all of that by years end.
2004-08-19 4:28 AM

New user

Tucson, AZ
Just read this and hope that regular users will not wait for the membership drive, but will click on the donate button now. I spent over $100 on annual membership for another triathlete site that I NEVER use. This site is just so much better! To think this site is free shows awesome commitment by you guys!

My 2 cents: The new pages should be completed based on their "importance" in the scope of training. Water consumption is as important as it gets. (And a habit that I have yet to acquire.)
I don't know if it is possible, but could the water part be snazzed up so that when you drink the required amount, something happens on the page? (Guess I'm asking for a lot....)

2004-08-19 11:55 AM
in reply to: #50215

User image

Champion
Gold member

that 'nutrition log' where we will be loggin all caloric inputs and expenditures...we will stick the water consumption into that...makes more sense so its not isolated.  offhand, i dont know alot about required amounts and how it varies from person to person...can u lead me to a page or resources for this?  maybe we could have a cool empty glass that fills up to a certain level as a metric.

we would like to raise enough for the membership drive in october to program the nutrition log (and water) to have running by end of the year.

more details and timelines of all feautures u want will be out in october too so u know what to expect and when.

2004-08-19 2:16 PM

New user

Tucson, AZ
I made a donation this week, but definitely plan to add to the pot during Oct Membership Drive as well. You guys have made this such a great site. Thank you.

I like the idea of the water glass filling up! Any other "do-able" suggestions out there? Concerning the water sources - there are so many factors such as wt., exercise, gender, weather, etc. that you might want to put an amt. that's listed as "minimal." Athletes generally do not get enough water, but on days when you don't exercise - apparently 8 glasses day (what I had always heard was the norm) may be too much for some. I know that Weight Watchers online only features 6 glasses, but many of their members don't exercise anywhere near the level of those training for a tri. http://agriculture.about.com/cs/education/a/073103.htm
http://agriculture.about.com/cs/education/a/073103_2.htm
http://lowcarbdiets.about.com/cs/lowcarbfaq/f/A1032.htm
2004-08-23 11:35 PM

User image

Veteran
Peoria AZ
So funny, just today they changed out the drinking cups at the workout room at my work. The new cups are from Sierra Springs (plug)...but there is two pieces of info related to this topic printed on the cup.

1. The International Sports Medicine Institute recommends daily water intake of 1/2 ounce per pound of body weight.

2. Proper hydration is essential because the body is comprised of about 60% water & blood plasma is over 90% water.

The first is probably a good standard to follow being from the source it's from. Then if you tie the glass of water as suggested in previous posts with this formula with your daily weight...you now have the glass filled to the appropriate level.
2004-08-25 8:55 AM

User image

Manchester, CT
Maybe you want it to be more technical, but what if the users just figured out for themselves how much water they should drink and we can input it ourselves? That way each day it can just be a percent of the user defined value.
You could then provide a link or 2 for us to find out how much we should be drinking
New Thread
Site Issues Training Log & Site Support » Water consumption log Rss Feed