General Discussion Triathlon Talk » Weak or Still Injured Quad Rss Feed  
Moderators: k9car363, alicefoeller Reply
2015-11-18 8:29 PM

Reston, Virginia
Subject: Weak or Still Injured Quad
I've been dealing with a quad injury for a few months now. It's been diagnosed as the rectus femoris muscle. About three weeks ago I injured the calf on my other leg. Not wanting to mess myself up even further I took the last three weeks off from running and only biked a few times at pretty low intensity. The good news is that when I tried to run today my calf gave me no problems, the bad news is that my quad spasmed even more than it did when I took this time off. I did do some kicking in the pool yesterday which I had also avoided for the last three weeks. It does seem like swim kicking is a direct hit on the muscle but I took it pretty easy. After my short run with multiple leg spasms (1 mile) the quad feels fine. When I'm running it just kind of grabs for an instant and lets go. I can walk without soreness and go down stairs no problem.

So here is my question: Is it perhaps that I'm not actually injured anymore but that the muscle has gotten weak. Should I maybe start doing things like kikcking in the pool or biking to built it up, rather than to give it another couple weeks of rest?

New Thread
General Discussion Triathlon Talk » Weak or Still Injured Quad Rss Feed  
RELATED POSTS

injuries from weak muscles???

Started by SEADOCHA
Views: 1208 Posts: 10

2012-08-28 11:06 AM grandhavenbill

Anyone else have chronically weak solei (calf)?

Started by ChrisM
Views: 870 Posts: 2

2011-10-02 8:05 PM louamerica

Fatigue, and a weak feeling

Started by Steve59
Views: 2038 Posts: 7

2010-06-22 8:38 PM Steve59

Weak, Faint, and and Dizzy :S

Started by ames13
Views: 1145 Posts: 4

2009-09-04 10:06 AM energy7OMgirl

Weak Shoulders?

Started by superfuzz
Views: 851 Posts: 6

2005-08-29 11:39 PM uwmswimr
RELATED ARTICLES
date : January 14, 2008
author : AMSSM
comments : 0
I have noticed an occasional pain in my left hip flexor. The pain is most noticeable when running uphill. Is there a way to fix the problem without taking time off from training?