General Discussion Triathlon Talk » Cedar Hill - Open Water Swim Challenge and Aquathlon Rss Feed  
Moderators: k9car363, alicefoeller Reply
2017-04-10 1:10 PM

, Texas
Subject: Cedar Hill - Open Water Swim Challenge and Aquathlon
Has anyone participated in the Cedar Hill Open Water Swim Challenge and Aquathlon? I have never done any sort of race before and am thinking of entering into the sprint distance Aquathlon before completing a sprint distance Tri. I thought this may help me get some open water swim practice.

I looked in the races section of the site under 'all' and 'aquathlon' and couldn't find this years page.

Here is the race site:
http://tri-now.com/races/open-water-swim-challenge-aquathlon-2/

2017-04-19 2:17 PM
in reply to: sail

User image

Subject: RE: Cedar Hill - Open Water Swim Challenge and Aquathlon
That was my first race! The race is small and so not intimidating which is why I picked it. Also, I didn't have a bike yet and it was a wonderful way to see if I liked racing or just the training I would wholeheartedly recommend the race as a first time foray into this sport.

Just before the race they have a kids race. Those kids stick around and I had a great moment that I carry with me forever. I'm a swimmer and when I finished the swim portion I just kind of stopped on the exit ramp. I mean the swim is over right? lol this little kid yelled at me "you can rest in transition! go go!" and after that I was hooked.
2017-04-23 6:40 PM
in reply to: Sillygal

, Texas
Subject: RE: Cedar Hill - Open Water Swim Challenge and Aquathlon
Oh awesome! That is exactly what I wanted to know!

I'm excited for this race now! Did you practice transitioning between swimming and running before the race?

I'm still working on being able to run a 5k, but I can swim the sprint distance amount without a problem in a pool. I've also open water swam in an ocean multiple times, though I know in the lake I won't be able to see the bottom.
New Thread
General Discussion Triathlon Talk » Cedar Hill - Open Water Swim Challenge and Aquathlon Rss Feed  
RELATED POSTS

Swim Coach for HOUSTON

Started by kbgraham
Views: 871 Posts: 1

2017-02-10 1:35 PM kbgraham

Swim and bike in San Antonio

Started by charlie_can
Views: 666 Posts: 2

2017-03-26 11:39 AM mdg2003
RELATED ARTICLES
date : May 30, 2016
author : Team BT