Other Resources The Political Joe » Accused Sexual Assaulter POTUS Endorses Accused Pedophile for Governor Rss Feed  
Moderators: k9car363, alicefoeller Reply

of 6

2017-12-09 5:50 PM

User image

Elite
Subject: Accused Sexual Assaulter POTUS Endorses Accused Pedophile for Governor
Roy Moore will win.
This is actually happening.
A 30-something who was dating high school girls...
Proving once again, any conservative with a pulse can defeat a Democrat in Alabama.
I am waiting for the next race in Alabama...former Green Mile prison guard Percy Wetmore would win in a landslide.
Heck, the guy who played Percy in the movie was a pedophile...perhaps he could be lieutenant governor under Roy Moore.

Oh, so much winning. Thank you Donald!!!

2017-12-10 6:58 AM
in reply to: ChineseDemocracy

User image

Champion
Alabama
Subject: RE: Accused Sexual Assaulter POTUS Endorses Accused Pedophile for Governor
Originally posted by ChineseDemocracy

Roy Moore will win.
Proving once again, any conservative with a pulse can defeat a Democrat in Alabama.
I am waiting for the next race in Alabama...former Green Mile prison guard Percy Wetmore would win in a landslide.
Heck, the guy who played Percy in the movie was a pedophile...perhaps he could be lieutenant governor under Roy Moore.

If one man represents a party then I name Sen Byrd, former clansman to represent the DNC. Or Waters....or Pelosi...or that nut Bernie....
2017-12-10 7:34 AM
in reply to: Rogillio

User image

Expert
Floriduh
Subject: RE: Accused Sexual Assaulter POTUS Endorses Accused Pedophile for Governor
Who is this Roy Moore fella?
2017-12-10 7:35 AM

User image

Expert
Floriduh
Originally posted by Rogillio

Roy Moore will win.

If one man represents a party then I name Sen Byrd, former clansman to represent the DNC. Or Waters....or Pelosi...or that nut Bernie....

Joseph McCarthy, Richard Nixon ... Don't throw stones Rog.
2017-12-10 8:08 AM
in reply to: Oysterboy

User image

Champion
Alabama
Originally posted by Oysterboy

Roy Moore will win.

Joseph McCarthy, Richard Nixon ... Don't throw stones Rog.

Do as I say not as I do? LOL. But at least try throw stones from this millennium.

I was merely stating the 1 man does not represent a party! And the voters in AL no more defines the GOP than does San Francisco define the DNC.
2017-12-10 8:12 AM

User image

Champion
Alabama

EGGZACKLY! A month from now he will have been forgotten. And when dems try to bring him up in their local elections people will say WTH does that have to do with our contest?

2017-12-10 8:43 AM

User image

Expert
Floriduh

EGGZACKLY! A month from now he will have been forgotten. And when dems try to bring him up in their local elections people will say WTH does that have to do with our contest?

I was being facetious. If he wins, Moore will be on every 2018 midterm election poster not in Alabama. Promise.
2017-12-10 9:00 AM

User image

Champion
Alabama

I was being facetious. If he wins, Moore will be on every 2018 midterm election poster not in Alabama. Promise.

If that is what dems run on in 2018 the will get hammered. Promise.

Republicans are going to run on the economy and if the economy is doing well republicans will run on their vote for tax reform....even if tax reform is not the (entire) reason for the economy booming. People will look at their 401k, illegal immigration being way down, manufacturing jobs growing, unemployment very low....and won’t give a ratsass that the red state of Alaf’ingBama elected Roy Moore in 2017.

People are selfish and tend not to look at what is best for the long term health of America. They look at ‘what can this man do for me?!’
2017-12-10 11:57 AM

User image

Expert
Floriduh

Republicans are going to run on the economy and if the economy is doing well republicans will run on their vote for tax reform....even if tax reform is not the (entire) reason for the economy booming. People will look at their 401k, illegal immigration being way down, manufacturing jobs growing, unemployment very low....and won’t give a ratsass that the red state of Alaf’ingBama elected Roy Moore in 2017.

People are selfish and tend not to look at what is best for the long term health of America. They look at ‘what can this man do for me?!’

... then we will have to agree to disagree on this.
2017-12-10 12:04 PM

User image

Champion
Alabama

• .. then we will have to agree to disagree on this.

• I disagree. :-). J/K. We will table this till next Sept/Oct/Nov and we will see. If the dems take both houses, you will be right. If not then my political brilliance and insight will be beyond dispute...,and if I say a pissant can pull a fright train, well, just hitch him up! :-)
    2017-12-10 1:18 PM

User image

Pro
    Tejas

Roy Moore will win.

Not to beat a dead horse here but... where do you draw the line between accused sexual assaulter Potus and your proven woman beating idol Axel Rose? You're either against all of it or none of it. My lord, I'd be PMing the mods to see if I could at the very least change my BT 'name' and definitely wouldn't be quoting the words of a punk azz btich in my sig line. Kind of a glass house thing IMO. If you want to be outraged, be consistent.

2017-12-10 1:48 PM
    in reply to: mdg2003

User image

Champion
    Alabama
    Originally posted by mdg2003

Roy Moore will win.

Not to beat a dead horse here but... where do you draw the line between accused sexual assaulter Potus and your proven woman beating idol Axel Rose? You're either against all of it or none of it. My lord, I'd be PMing the mods to see if I could at the very least change my BT 'name' and definitely wouldn't be quoting the words of a punk azz btich in my sig line. Kind of a glass house thing IMO. If you want to be outraged, be consistent.

Oh yeah, Clinton was accused of raping Jennifer Flowers and Juanita Broaddrick And was elected POTUS twice.

“Yet let us not forget the sex crimes of which the younger, stronger Bill Clinton was very credibly accused in the 1990s. Juanita Broaddrick reported that when she was a volunteer on one of his gubernatorial campaigns, she had arranged to meet him in a hotel coffee shop. At the last minute, he had changed the location to her room in the hotel, where she says he very violently raped her. She said that she fought against Clinton throughout a rape that left her bloodied. At a different Arkansas hotel, he caught sight of a minor state employee named Paula Jones, and, Jones said, he sent a couple of state troopers to invite her to his suite, where he exposed his penis to her and told her to kiss it. Kathleen Willey said that she met him in the Oval Office for personal and professional advice and that he groped her, rubbed his erect penis on her, and pushed her hand to his crotch.”

2017-12-10 2:02 PM

User image

Pro
    Tejas

Roy Moore will win.

Oh yeah, Clinton was accused of raping Jennifer Flowers and Juanita Broaddrick And was elected POTUS twice.

“Yet let us not forget the sex crimes of which the younger, stronger Bill Clinton was very credibly accused in the 1990s. Juanita Broaddrick reported that when she was a volunteer on one of his gubernatorial campaigns, she had arranged to meet him in a hotel coffee shop. At the last minute, he had changed the location to her room in the hotel, where she says he very violently raped her. She said that she fought against Clinton throughout a rape that left her bloodied. At a different Arkansas hotel, he caught sight of a minor state employee named Paula Jones, and, Jones said, he sent a couple of state troopers to invite her to his suite, where he exposed his penis to her and told her to kiss it. Kathleen Willey said that she met him in the Oval Office for personal and professional advice and that he groped her, rubbed his erect penis on her, and pushed her hand to his crotch.”

All of this happened under the watchful eye of the 'pro-woman' candidate Hillary. Another reason the release of the grabbing pu**ies tape did nothing to slow down the Trump tide. The utter hypocrisy of the DNC got Trump elected, not a bunch of uninformed mysoginist knuckle dragging racists. Deplorables indeed.
    2017-12-11 12:00 PM

User image

Veteran
    St. Louis

Originally posted by ChineseDemocracy Roy Moore will win. This is actually happening. A 30-something who was dating high school girls... Proving once again, any conservative with a pulse can defeat a Democrat in Alabama. I am waiting for the next race in Alabama...former Green Mile prison guard Percy Wetmore would win in a landslide. Heck, the guy who played Percy in the movie was a pedophile...perhaps he could be lieutenant governor under Roy Moore. Oh, so much winning. Thank you Donald!!!
    Oh yeah, Clinton was accused of raping Jennifer Flowers and Juanita Broaddrick And was elected POTUS twice. “Yet let us not forget the sex crimes of which the younger, stronger Bill Clinton was very credibly accused in the 1990s. Juanita Broaddrick reported that when she was a volunteer on one of his gubernatorial campaigns, she had arranged to meet him in a hotel coffee shop. At the last minute, he had changed the location to her room in the hotel, where she says he very violently raped her. She said that she fought against Clinton throughout a rape that left her bloodied. At a different Arkansas hotel, he caught sight of a minor state employee named Paula Jones, and, Jones said, he sent a couple of state troopers to invite her to his suite, where he exposed his penis to her and told her to kiss it. Kathleen Willey said that she met him in the Oval Office for personal and professional advice and that he groped her, rubbed his erect penis on her, and pushed her hand to his crotch.”

You say that in a year, no one will remember or care about Roy Moore. But you also bring up a 20 year old blowjob and sexual abuse allegations from the 80's for a man that's been out of office since 2001. Trump even had three of the women as his personal guests to one of the debates. Yeah, I'm sure Moore won't be a topic next year. LOL. 

2017-12-11 12:19 PM
    in reply to: Bob Loblaw

User image

Champion
    Alabama
    Originally posted by Bob Loblaw

Originally posted by ChineseDemocracy Roy Moore will win. This is actually happening. A 30-something who was dating high school girls... Proving once again, any conservative with a pulse can defeat a Democrat in Alabama. I am waiting for the next race in Alabama...former Green Mile prison guard Percy Wetmore would win in a landslide. Heck, the guy who played Percy in the movie was a pedophile...perhaps he could be lieutenant governor under Roy Moore. Oh, so much winning. Thank you Donald!!!
    Oh yeah, Clinton was accused of raping Jennifer Flowers and Juanita Broaddrick And was elected POTUS twice. “Yet let us not forget the sex crimes of which the younger, stronger Bill Clinton was very credibly accused in the 1990s. Juanita Broaddrick reported that when she was a volunteer on one of his gubernatorial campaigns, she had arranged to meet him in a hotel coffee shop. At the last minute, he had changed the location to her room in the hotel, where she says he very violently raped her. She said that she fought against Clinton throughout a rape that left her bloodied. At a different Arkansas hotel, he caught sight of a minor state employee named Paula Jones, and, Jones said, he sent a couple of state troopers to invite her to his suite, where he exposed his penis to her and told her to kiss it. Kathleen Willey said that she met him in the Oval Office for personal and professional advice and that he groped her, rubbed his erect penis on her, and pushed her hand to his crotch.”

You say that in a year, no one will remember or care about Roy Moore. But you also bring up a 20 year old blowjob and sexual abuse allegations from the 80's for a man that's been out of office since 2001. Trump even had three of the women as his personal guests to one of the debates. Yeah, I'm sure Moore won't be a topic next year. LOL. 

So people who hang out on political forums might remember but the average Joe doesn't give a hoot about a senate race in Alabama! Hell, the rest of the country already thinks we are a bunch of backwater, redneck, hillbilly, racists with only 2 teeth. If he were running for POTUS people might not vote for him.....uh....oh wait, people voted for Trump despite allegations and audio tape of 'locker room' talk. Go figure. People also voted for Clinton despite at least 3 allegations of rape.

Yes, there will be some who will remember next year but so what? Is a republican in the red state of Utah gonna change parties and vote for democrats because Alabama elected Moores amid unproven allegation of assault nearly 40 years ago?

I think it was Carvile that summed up elections best, "It's the economy stupid!" Next year, just like every year, people will vote their wallets. If they feel the country's economy is strong and growing, no amount of negative campaigning the dems do will save them.

Here is a possible scenario: Moore gets elected. The Senate launched an ethics investigation, validate some of the claims and ousts Moore. The republican gov in Alabama immediately fills the seat with another republican. And so the issue is gone as the GOP will have 'done the right thing' and the seat will have been saved.

2017-12-11 1:03 PM

User image

Veteran
    St. Louis

So people who hang out on political forums might remember but the average Joe doesn't give a hoot about a senate race in Alabama! Hell, the rest of the country already thinks we are a bunch of backwater, redneck, hillbilly, racists with only 2 teeth. If he were running for POTUS people might not vote for him.....uh....oh wait, people voted for Trump despite allegations and audio tape of 'locker room' talk. Go figure. People also voted for Clinton despite at least 3 allegations of rape. Yes, there will be some who will remember next year but so what? Is a republican in the red state of Utah gonna change parties and vote for democrats because Alabama elected Moores amid unproven allegation of assault nearly 40 years ago? I think it was Carvile that summed up elections best, "It's the economy stupid!" Next year, just like every year, people will vote their wallets. If they feel the country's economy is strong and growing, no amount of negative campaigning the dems do will save them. Here is a possible scenario: Moore gets elected. The Senate launched an ethics investigation, validate some of the claims and ousts Moore. The republican gov in Alabama immediately fills the seat with another republican. And so the issue is gone as the GOP will have 'done the right thing' and the seat will have been saved.

It's not about if a bunch of hillbilly racists with only 2 teeth elect Moore. It's about the GOP endorsing a man who repeatedly sexually assaulted high school girls throughout his 30's. And I know right now you're dying to say that's all unproven allegations, but we're talking about political attack ads. The truth is irrelevant. Also, they don't have to convince everyone, just people on the fence in contested districts. I live in a deep blue city inside of a comfortably red state 600 miles away from Alabama, and the #2 story on our newspaper's website right now is whether or not Missouri's attorney general would hypothetically vote for Moore (if you're dying to know the answer, he dodged the question). 

I mostly agree with Carville, but I think he's just slightly off. It's not the economy, it's the bottom line on people's wallets. And since healthcare is the second biggest expense most people have, Trump and the GOP are playing with fire by repealing the individual mandate without repealing Obamacare, along with his constant threats to defund the subsidies. 

2017-12-11 1:27 PM

User image

Expert
    Floriduh

So people who hang out on political forums might remember but the average Joe doesn't give a hoot about a senate race in Alabama! Hell, the rest of the country already thinks we are a bunch of backwater, redneck, hillbilly, racists with only 2 teeth. If he were running for POTUS people might not vote for him.....uh....oh wait, people voted for Trump despite allegations and audio tape of 'locker room' talk. Go figure. People also voted for Clinton despite at least 3 allegations of rape. Yes, there will be some who will remember next year but so what? Is a republican in the red state of Utah gonna change parties and vote for democrats because Alabama elected Moores amid unproven allegation of assault nearly 40 years ago? I think it was Carvile that summed up elections best, "It's the economy stupid!" Next year, just like every year, people will vote their wallets. If they feel the country's economy is strong and growing, no amount of negative campaigning the dems do will save them. Here is a possible scenario: Moore gets elected. The Senate launched an ethics investigation, validate some of the claims and ousts Moore. The republican gov in Alabama immediately fills the seat with another republican. And so the issue is gone as the GOP will have 'done the right thing' and the seat will have been saved.

It's not about if a bunch of hillbilly racists with only 2 teeth elect Moore. It's about the GOP endorsing a man who repeatedly sexually assaulted high school girls throughout his 30's. And I know right now you're dying to say that's all unproven allegations, but we're talking about political attack ads. The truth is irrelevant. Also, they don't have to convince everyone, just people on the fence in contested districts. I live in a deep blue city inside of a comfortably red state 600 miles away from Alabama, and the #2 story on our newspaper's website right now is whether or not Missouri's attorney general would hypothetically vote for Moore (if you're dying to know the answer, he dodged the question). 

I mostly agree with Carville, but I think he's just slightly off. It's not the economy, it's the bottom line on people's wallets. And since healthcare is the second biggest expense most people have, Trump and the GOP are playing with fire by repealing the individual mandate without repealing Obamacare, along with his constant threats to defund the subsidies. 

I agree and would throw in that the economy has been working for many of us for quite a while so is less of an issue. What is a persistent issue is Trump's tweets and acting questionably presidential. Yeah, it's a problem - there's a lot of us that are not amused.
    2017-12-11 1:43 PM
    in reply to: 0

User image

Champion
    Alabama

I hears ya! I just do put much stock in the idea that what goes on at the national level has much, if any, effect on local/state elections. The vast majority of American only vote once every 4 years and they go to the polls because of who is at the top of the ticket....and the majority of those voters vote straight party ticket. I have no empirical evidence but I am sure it exists. Heck only about 1/3 of eligible voters actually vote.

If next year Tom and Huck are running against each other in Missouri, the people are going to look at those two guys and decide which one best represent their interests and values. If Tom runs and ad that says, "Hey, remember last year the national GOP guys endorsed an accused sexual predator in Alabama?! No? Well you should remember that. I'm Tom S and I approve this ad." People will think Tom has lost his mind! What does this have to do with Huck? Huck will fire back with, "My opponent cannot run on his ideas and values. Tom S has lost his evah lovin' mind!"

I agree healthcare is an issue and will need to be fixed. But the majority of people get insurance thru their employer and so as the economy grows and manufacturing jobs grow, people will have insurance. I suspect Obamacare will be r/r's next year.....before the mid-terms.

Edited by Rogillio 2017-12-11 1:47 PM
    2017-12-11 2:01 PM

User image

Veteran
    St. Louis

They couldn't R&R Obamacare with majorities in both houses and fresh off a Trump victory. Good luck getting something passed during an election year. 

2017-12-11 2:39 PM

User image

Champion
    Alabama

They couldn't R&R Obamacare with majorities in both houses and fresh off a Trump victory. Good luck getting something passed during an election year. 

Hmmm, I'm thinking the election year is all the more motivation to get it done. They said for 8 years they were going to R/R and if they fail to deliver, it will hurt them in Nov.....maybe. There never is just one issue that drives people to the polls.
    2017-12-11 5:18 PM

User image

Pro
    Tejas

Hmmm, I'm thinking the election year is all the more motivation to get it done. They said for 8 years they were going to R/R and if they fail to deliver, it will hurt them in Nov.....maybe. There never is just one issue that drives people to the polls.

I think the problem was that they tried to replace it.

2017-12-12 10:34 AM

User image

Pro
    Omaha, NE

Hey CD, how the heck you doing?  Long time no chat.
    Hope life is treating you well.

On the Roy Moore thing, it's truly interesting when you take a step back.  Obviously without any controversies his win would have been a rubber stamp and the Democratic candidate would have had zero chance in solid red Alabama.
    However, the day after the deadline for the RNC to replace him there was a parade of allegations that came out.  It was very obvious that the timing was very intentional and done for the explicit reason of picking off a red state senate seat.  There's no legal way for these women to get justice (assuming everything is true) because of how long the alleged events transpired so the only reason is to harm Moore and help the DNC.
    The voters of Alabama are now being essentially blackmailed into voting for a Democrat whom they would never vote for because "it's the right thing to do".

It's a special election, so the person is only there for 2 years.  There's no question that Roy Moore will vote the way Alabama citizens want him to vote and he can easily be replaced in two years.  Even if he resigned or was pushed out it would be far better than putting in place a person who will reliably vote against the interests of the constituents.

I think there are serious questions raised with Judge Moore.  I know there are serious questions about the authenticity of several of his accusers.  I definitely know the timing was intentional and coordinated to try and steal a seat in Alabama.

All that being said, it's extremely understandable to see why a person in Alabama would vote for Roy Moore.  It has nothing to do with his conduct in the past, it has to do with who is going to vote the way Alabama citizens want in the Senate.

2017-12-12 10:36 AM

User image

Pro
    Omaha, NE

Originally posted by Oysterboy Who is this Roy Moore fella?

There's no question Democrats will run on this, but it's going to be a laughable failure.

If the only thing Democrats have to run on is feelings and "the other guy is bad" then they will suffer the same fate that's been happening for 8+ years.  They have got to re-connect with middle America on some common ground if they ever want to win substantial victories again.

"Trump bad, Russia, Vote for me" is not a winning strategy.

2017-12-12 12:10 PM
    in reply to: tuwood

User image

Pro

All I know is the same people claiming the dems will end up defeating the repubs are the same people who were claiming Trump could never win  the Presidency......for many of the exact same reasons they are using now.

How'd that turn out for you?

You still don't get how sick and tired the middle of the country is with business as usual, and having left and right coast ideas shoved down their throats.  My guess is you'll get another lesson today in Alabama.

2017-12-12 12:29 PM
    in reply to: 0

User image

Expert
    Floriduh
    Originally posted by Left Brain

All I know is the same people claiming the dems will end up defeating the repubs are the same people who were claiming Trump could never win  the Presidency......for many of the exact same reasons they are using now.

How'd that turn out for you?

You still don't get how sick and tired the middle of the country is with business as usual, and having left and right coast ideas shoved down their throats.  My guess is you'll get another lesson today in Alabama.

Hear ya Lefty, we're getting some stuff shoved down our throat that we don't like now. Eventually what goes around comes around.

Hey, you go to Arkansas yet? If so, how was it?

Edited by Oysterboy 2017-12-12 12:30 PM
    New Thread
    Other Resources The Political Joe » Accused Sexual Assaulter POTUS Endorses Accused Pedophile for Governor Rss Feed  

of 6

RELATED POSTS

Sexual assualt massage message

Started by Rogillio
    Views: 404 Posts: 2

2017-11-27 10:08 AM mdg2003

Sexual harassment on the Hill

Started by mdg2003
    Views: 1040 Posts: 25

2017-11-30 2:38 PM Left Brain

Innocent until accused Pages: 1 ... 2 3 4 5

Started by Rogillio