2018-01-25 1:52 PM
in reply to: Bob Loblaw

User image

Pro
Omaha, NE
Subject: RE: Secret Society

Originally posted by Bob Loblaw

Originally posted by tuwood

I was kind of in the same boat because he really didn't seem like he was doing anything blatantly partisan.  However, the more I find out about the kinds of people he hired the more my confidence is waning. 
I mean, he literally hired people and put them in charge of investigations who were trying to overthrow the President of the United States.  Mueller is either incredibly naive or incredibly trusting, but it just doesn't make sense to me.

I honestly believe that we're just hitting the tip of the ice berg.  Every week the "swamp" gets exposed a little bit more and I truthfully cannot believe the level of crap that's been coming to light.  I'm looking forward to "The memo" being released soon. 

Are you referring to the memo Republicans wrote to discredit Mueller's investigation or the memo Democrats wrote to discredit the memo Republicans wrote to discredit the Mueller investigation? Like I said, the Congressional investigation is a complete partisan joke.

Facts and evidence is all I care about. And none of us, including FoxNews, Breitbart, CNN, Vox, or HuffPo (and especially Reddit & Twitter) have any idea what Mueller is sitting on. I have my guesses as to what he'll find, but it's irrelevant because it's pure speculation. So I am perfectly content to wait for the man to complete his investigation and report to the country his findings. If he's got something on Trump (or Hillary), then lock him (or her) up. If he's got nothing, we all need to move on. Which won't be hard to do because the media and social media have the attention span of a goldfish. 

Nope, the memo that's supposedly very damning about the FISA surveillance abuses.  
http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2018/01/25/republicans-full-steam-ahead-on-surveillance-memo-release-despite-doj-rebuke.html

2018-01-25 2:36 PM
in reply to: tuwood

User image

Veteran
St. Louis

I was kind of in the same boat because he really didn't seem like he was doing anything blatantly partisan.  However, the more I find out about the kinds of people he hired the more my confidence is waning. 
I mean, he literally hired people and put them in charge of investigations who were trying to overthrow the President of the United States.  Mueller is either incredibly naive or incredibly trusting, but it just doesn't make sense to me.

I honestly believe that we're just hitting the tip of the ice berg.  Every week the "swamp" gets exposed a little bit more and I truthfully cannot believe the level of crap that's been coming to light.  I'm looking forward to "The memo" being released soon. 

Are you referring to the memo Republicans wrote to discredit Mueller's investigation or the memo Democrats wrote to discredit the memo Republicans wrote to discredit the Mueller investigation? Like I said, the Congressional investigation is a complete partisan joke.

Facts and evidence is all I care about. And none of us, including FoxNews, Breitbart, CNN, Vox, or HuffPo (and especially Reddit & Twitter) have any idea what Mueller is sitting on. I have my guesses as to what he'll find, but it's irrelevant because it's pure speculation. So I am perfectly content to wait for the man to complete his investigation and report to the country his findings. If he's got something on Trump (or Hillary), then lock him (or her) up. If he's got nothing, we all need to move on. Which won't be hard to do because the media and social media have the attention span of a goldfish. 

Nope, the memo that's supposedly very damning about the FISA surveillance abuses.  
http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2018/01/25/republicans-full-steam-ahead-on-surveillance-memo-release-despite-doj-rebuke.html

Ok, so just that memo and not the Democrats rebuttal to that memo?

http://thehill.com/blogs/blog-briefing-room/370568-house-intel-dems-to-release-separate-memo-countering-gop-claims

2018-01-25 2:48 PM

User image

Champion
Alabama

http://thehill.com/blogs/blog-briefing-room/370568-house-intel-dems-to-release-separate-memo-countering-gop-claims

Oh I can't wait to see the dems 'rebuttal'! BTW, it sure points to something wrong in Congress when a House committee cannot agree among themselves on what is and what is not a an abuse of FISA and wire-tapping Americans.

2018-01-25 2:53 PM
in reply to: Rogillio

User image

Champion
Alabama
Why did DOJ and not the FBI recover the missing texts? Asking because I just not sure of the roles and responsibilities and lines of authority.
2018-01-25 2:56 PM
in reply to: Rogillio

User image

Veteran
St. Louis

Originally posted by Rogillio

Oh I can't wait to see the dems 'rebuttal'! BTW, it sure points to something wrong in Congress when a House committee cannot agree among themselves on what is and what is not a an abuse of FISA and wire-tapping Americans.

At this point, Dems and Reps would argue if 2+2=4. There is not a single thing that will come out of the Congressional investigation that I would take at face value. Complete partisan BS on both sides. Maybe that's why I'm all in on Mueller. Congress has shown they aren't the slightest bit interested in actually finding out the truth. Only what their party can use against the other party.

2018-01-25 4:22 PM

User image

Expert
Floriduh

Originally posted by Rogillio

At this point, Dems and Reps would argue if 2+2=4. There is not a single thing that will come out of the Congressional investigation that I would take at face value. Complete partisan BS on both sides. Maybe that's why I'm all in on Mueller. Congress has shown they aren't the slightest bit interested in actually finding out the truth. Only what their party can use against the other party.

Bingo

2018-01-26 9:27 AM

User image

Veteran
Elmira, ON

We need more of this thinking. All the speculation, both in media and social media is creating an atmosphere of mistrust of our governments where it isn't warranted. Let the facts stand on themselves.
2018-01-26 10:09 AM

User image

Pro
Omaha, NE

You need to keep up, that was Wednesday's narrative, we're back on "please don't release it":

Memo narrative this week:
Monday: NUNES JUST MADE UP THE MEMO
Tuesday: THE MEMO IS TOO COMPLEX FOR PEOPLE TO UNDERSTAND
Wed: WE HAVE OUR OWN MEMO
Thurs: DO NOT RELEASE THE MEMO

2018-01-26 10:39 AM

User image

Champion
Alabama

You need to keep up, that was Wednesday's narrative, we're back on "please don't release it":

Don't forget, the FBI and DOJ (non of whom have not seen the memo) said it would be reckless to release the memo.
2018-01-26 11:25 AM

User image

Veteran
St. Louis

The narrative I read was that Democrats say don't release any memos, but if you release one you need to release both. I'd prefer neither is released, because I am 100% sure that they are both extremely biased piles of chit, using cherry-picked quotes, data, and snippets of information taken out of context to either undermine the Mueller investigation or undermine the effort to undermine the Mueller investigation.

Take the secret society thing for example. "Are you even going to give out your calendars? Seems kind of depressing. Maybe it should just be the first meeting of the secret society." It's a random text message between two lovers from the day after the election, and we have no idea what the context of it is. Maybe it's a secret society of FBI agents now dedicated to overthrowing Trump by any means necessary. Or maybe it's a secret society of FBI agents who really liked Hillary and now want to get regularly blackout drunk to deal with the pain of their election loss. Or it could be a secret society of swingers and the two of them were planning a big orgy. No idea. If we don't see the texts leading up and following the secret society text, we have no idea what it means. Didn't stop conservatives in the media running around like chicken little claiming there's an FBI coup. I read that the calendars is a reference to a bunch of beefcake calendars of Putin one of them had. Could be true, could be an internet rumor. 

Here's an example. I can claim you think Trump is a sexist, and I can prove it to anyone who doesn't know you by quoting your own words. On January 18, 2018, tuwood stated on this website "Trump is a terrible sexist". And that's an absolute fact. 

2018-01-26 11:46 AM

User image

Champion
Alabama
I have not lost faith in the system and I think eventually, after all the dust settles, American will know the truth about everything. All it takes is one or two men or women with integrity willing to keep digging. And if it looks like the truth is being buried someone will talk....someone will leak....someone will blow the whistle. Right or wrong and whatever his motive, Snowden blew up the NSA and let the American people know they were being recorded. I follow the new because I find it fascinating.....almost like a spy novel with plenty of double crosses and double agents and bad motives and bad intentions and cover-ups and good guys going rouge.....but the vast majority of American are NOT following and could no more tell you who Strzok is than who even who Comey is or Mueller. Mueller? Oh yeah that is the kid who took a day off school. No, that was Bueller you idiot! :-) Seriously, very few people actually follow this. CNN recently did a poll and most of their viewers had no interest in the Russia/Trump investigation.

2018-01-26 1:22 PM

User image

Pro
Omaha, NE

The narrative I read was that Democrats say don't release any memos, but if you release one you need to release both. I'd prefer neither is released, because I am 100% sure that they are both extremely biased piles of chit, using cherry-picked quotes, data, and snippets of information taken out of context to either undermine the Mueller investigation or undermine the effort to undermine the Mueller investigation.

Take the secret society thing for example. "Are you even going to give out your calendars? Seems kind of depressing. Maybe it should just be the first meeting of the secret society." It's a random text message between two lovers from the day after the election, and we have no idea what the context of it is. Maybe it's a secret society of FBI agents now dedicated to overthrowing Trump by any means necessary. Or maybe it's a secret society of FBI agents who really liked Hillary and now want to get regularly blackout drunk to deal with the pain of their election loss. Or it could be a secret society of swingers and the two of them were planning a big orgy. No idea. If we don't see the texts leading up and following the secret society text, we have no idea what it means. Didn't stop conservatives in the media running around like chicken little claiming there's an FBI coup. I read that the calendars is a reference to a bunch of beefcake calendars of Putin one of them had. Could be true, could be an internet rumor. 

Here's an example. I can claim you think Trump is a sexist, and I can prove it to anyone who doesn't know you by quoting your own words. On January 18, 2018, tuwood stated on this website "Trump is a terrible sexist". And that's an absolute fact. 

hah, personally I'm more of an open government kind of guy.  Outside of sensitive sources type stuff the government is required to be open and through FOIA provide all communications and all communications are to be logged.  With these two lovebirds they intentionally used personal cellphones to send tens of thousands of texts (how the heck do you send that many) as part of their job and they now fall under the FOIA umbrella. 
Meuller won't in any way shape or form go down this road because even if there was an attempted coup by the FBI (which is appearing more likely) he's only tasked with looking into the mythical Trump/Russia collusion.  He'll conclude his investigation shortly and never look into Hillary treatment at the FBI or fake dossiers by the DNC/FBI. 

There is talk in congress about adding a second special council to investigate the FBI/Dossier/Hillary treatment which I would applaud.

2018-01-26 1:58 PM

User image

Veteran
St. Louis

I'm 100% in favor of a transparent government, but that's not what we're going to get from the memos. We'll be getting cherry-picked information from partisan hacks trying to drive their own narrative. And I'm in no rush to get the information while the investigations are ongoing. Both Mueller and Congress need to thoroughly investigate all leads, and when they're done report their findings, indictments, conclusions, etc. 

You call the Trump/Russia collusion mythical, but you have nothing other than Trump's tweets to back that up. No different than anyone claiming that the Trump/Russia collusion definitely happened, there's nothing to back that up either. Because none of us have any clue what Mueller knows and what he's still looking for. We all need to relax, kick our feet up, laugh at the chitshow that is the Congressional investigation, and be patient.

Mueller will eventually conclude his investigation. And he'll either come out and say that he's turned over every possible stone and can't find a single law Trump broke. Or he'll say Trump did this, this, and this and here's the evidence to prove it. Given how the Republicans and Foxnews have been attacking him and trying to undermine his investigation, there is no way he makes any accusation against Trump that he can't back up with irrefutable evidence. 

And I'm all for an investigation into the dossier, Clinton, whether or not the FBI let her off the hook. Just so long as it's not Congress running the show. 

2018-01-26 3:46 PM

User image

Pro
Omaha, NE

I'm 100% in favor of a transparent government, but that's not what we're going to get from the memos. We'll be getting cherry-picked information from partisan hacks trying to drive their own narrative. And I'm in no rush to get the information while the investigations are ongoing. Both Mueller and Congress need to thoroughly investigate all leads, and when they're done report their findings, indictments, conclusions, etc. 

You call the Trump/Russia collusion mythical, but you have nothing other than Trump's tweets to back that up. No different than anyone claiming that the Trump/Russia collusion definitely happened, there's nothing to back that up either. Because none of us have any clue what Mueller knows and what he's still looking for. We all need to relax, kick our feet up, laugh at the chitshow that is the Congressional investigation, and be patient.

Mueller will eventually conclude his investigation. And he'll either come out and say that he's turned over every possible stone and can't find a single law Trump broke. Or he'll say Trump did this, this, and this and here's the evidence to prove it. Given how the Republicans and Foxnews have been attacking him and trying to undermine his investigation, there is no way he makes any accusation against Trump that he can't back up with irrefutable evidence. 

And I'm all for an investigation into the dossier, Clinton, whether or not the FBI let her off the hook. Just so long as it's not Congress running the show. 

The Trump collusion is mythical because there hasn't been one ounce of evidence shown or leaked in any capacity that he colluded with them.  aaaaand, even if he did totally call Putin every night to discuss strategy it still isn't illegal.  So there's absolutely no reason to investigate collusion other than it being a total partisan hit.  They're trying to perjury trap Trump and anyone on his staff they can because that's the only way they can manufacture laws being broken and obtain the political goal.

2018-01-26 4:51 PM

User image

Veteran
St. Louis

The Trump collusion is mythical because there hasn't been one ounce of evidence shown or leaked in any capacity that he colluded with them.  aaaaand, even if he did totally call Putin every night to discuss strategy it still isn't illegal.  So there's absolutely no reason to investigate collusion other than it being a total partisan hit.  They're trying to perjury trap Trump and anyone on his staff they can because that's the only way they can manufacture laws being broken and obtain the political goal.

Unless you got an inside scoop to what Mueller has collected over the past nine months and counting, you're make assumptions. Just like everyone else. Except me, cause I am perfectly happy to sit back and wait for the facts and evidence (or lack thereof) to be presented. Maybe the reason there there hasn't been an ounce of evidence shown or leaked is because there is no evidence. Or maybe it's because Mueller runs a really tight ship. We'll eventually find out. 

So there's no legal definition or penalty for "collusion". But there is for conspiracy to commit offense or defraud the United States. For aiding and abetting a crime. For knowingly taking a contribution from a foreign national in connections with an election. For negotiations by an unauthorized person with foreign governments having a dispute with the United States. There's also "Principles". Whoever commits an offense against the United States or aids, abets, counsels, commands, induces or procures its commission, is punishable as a principal. That seems to be a pretty broad scope right there. And since Mueller has a career in law that's spanned four decades, I imagine he's well aware of quite a few more legitimate crimes to throw at Trump if there's evidence and proof. Totally calling Putin every night to discuss strategy when Russia is actively working to influence our elections would be very, very illegal.

So did Trump, his family members, or any member of his campaign staff commit any of these crimes? I don't have the slightest clue and at this time I really don't care. I'll care when Mueller concludes his investigation and presents his evidence. Or lack thereof. 

2018-01-26 8:10 PM

User image

Pro
Omaha, NE

Unless you got an inside scoop to what Mueller has collected over the past nine months and counting, you're make assumptions. Just like everyone else. Except me, cause I am perfectly happy to sit back and wait for the facts and evidence (or lack thereof) to be presented. Maybe the reason there there hasn't been an ounce of evidence shown or leaked is because there is no evidence. Or maybe it's because Mueller runs a really tight ship. We'll eventually find out. 

So there's no legal definition or penalty for "collusion". But there is for conspiracy to commit offense or defraud the United States. For aiding and abetting a crime. For knowingly taking a contribution from a foreign national in connections with an election. For negotiations by an unauthorized person with foreign governments having a dispute with the United States. There's also "Principles". Whoever commits an offense against the United States or aids, abets, counsels, commands, induces or procures its commission, is punishable as a principal. That seems to be a pretty broad scope right there. And since Mueller has a career in law that's spanned four decades, I imagine he's well aware of quite a few more legitimate crimes to throw at Trump if there's evidence and proof. Totally calling Putin every night to discuss strategy when Russia is actively working to influence our elections would be very, very illegal.

So did Trump, his family members, or any member of his campaign staff commit any of these crimes? I don't have the slightest clue and at this time I really don't care. I'll care when Mueller concludes his investigation and presents his evidence. Or lack thereof. 

I admire your faith in Mueller.  I was fairly open to him at first, but once I found out he loaded his entire team with a bunch of Trump hating agents I lost what little faith I had in him. 
Muellers investigation has been leaking like a sieve since the day it started.  Every single thing that was even remotely negative about Trump was leaked.  Just google Mueller leaks and you'll see dozens of articles about his leaking investigation.  Trust me, if there was anything there we'd already know about it.

2018-01-27 6:50 AM

User image

Expert
Floriduh
Leaks are coming from the White House as well and often we have not a single clue as to the source of the information that makes it into the press. As for loading the investigation up with Trump haters, I think that might be a bit hyperbolic (1 proven so far). Undoubtedly, many of those lawyers (ie, people with advanced college degrees) are experts in financial crimes (ie, they live in NYC) are not your typical Trump voter. Honestly, it might be tough for Mueller to staff up otherwise and anyways, when does a defendant get to pick their investigators? And who cares, as long as they approach their job objectively, it doesn't matter if they are a friggin' Maoist. We need to wait and see the evidence, it might just exonorate Trump in the Russian meddling. Now as for obstruction of justice, that is looking pretty bad given evidence that we don't need Mueller to tell us about. And then there is money laundering.... Be a little patient, go check your retirement account, that will make you happy.
2018-01-27 7:55 AM

User image

Extreme Veteran
Maryland

When a very large percentage of the college educated population is a "trump hater" theres bound to be some on the team.

2018-01-27 7:23 PM
in reply to: dmiller5

User image

Pro
Omaha, NE

Originally posted by dmiller5

When a very large percentage of the college educated population is a "trump hater" theres bound to be some on the team.

hah, well it's a bunch of white guys on the team and Trump won the white college educated vote.  :-P
I think even the overall was maybe Hillary +8 if I recall so not a huge margin among college educated voters.

2018-01-28 7:51 AM

User image

Expert
Floriduh

Originally posted by dmiller5

hah, well it's a bunch of white guys on the team and Trump won the white college educated vote.  :-P
I think even the overall was maybe Hillary +8 if I recall so not a huge margin among college educated voters.

These are lawyers, Clinton won the the professional demographic (graduate education) by 58%.

https://www.nytimes.com/interactive/2016/11/08/us/politics/election-...
New Thread
Other Resources The Political Joe » Secret Society Rss Feed  

of 2