Other Resources The Political Joe » Obstruction of Justice Rss Feed  
Moderators: k9car363, alicefoeller Reply
2018-05-02 9:41 AM

User image

Champion
Alabama
Subject: Obstruction of Justice
Looks like Mueller failed to find a smoking gun on the Trump/Russian investigation so now he is focusing on obstruction of justice over Trump's firing of Comey. At least according to the talking heads in the media. I heard someone say last night on Hannity that normally you investigate a crime and search for the person(s) responsible. This special council is investigating a person and searching for a crime.

From what I've seen, you don't necessarily have to have an underlying crime to obstruct justice but the case is different when it come to the office of the president who has constitutional authority over the FBI. Seems to me if Trump thought Comey was pursuing a witch hunt - because he knew there was no Trump campaing/Russian conspricacy - searching for a crime he had the authority to redirect him or fire him.

One thing for sure, I have learn a lot about how our government and justice system works (and doesn't work) over the last year. I have lost a lot of faith in our gubment....and I never had much to begin with!

2018-05-02 9:46 AM
in reply to: Rogillio

User image

Pro
Subject: RE: Obstruction of Justice

"I will respectfully not answer pursuant to the 5th amendment"

Fork these guys.....this whole thing is a joke. 

2018-05-02 10:11 AM

User image

Pro
Omaha, NE

Originally posted by Rogillio Looks like Mueller failed to find a smoking gun on the Trump/Russian investigation so now he is focusing on obstruction of justice over Trump's firing of Comey. At least according to the talking heads in the media. I heard someone say last night on Hannity that normally you investigate a crime and search for the person(s) responsible. This special council is investigating a person and searching for a crime. From what I've seen, you don't necessarily have to have an underlying crime to obstruct justice but the case is different when it come to the office of the president who has constitutional authority over the FBI. Seems to me if Trump thought Comey was pursuing a witch hunt - because he knew there was no Trump campaing/Russian conspricacy - searching for a crime he had the authority to redirect him or fire him. One thing for sure, I have learn a lot about how our government and justice system works (and doesn't work) over the last year. I have lost a lot of faith in our gubment....and I never had much to begin with!

Welcome to the dark side

2018-05-02 11:24 AM
in reply to: tuwood

User image

Champion
Alabama
I heard Dershiwitch (sp?) give his suggestion. He said Trump should submit written answers to most of the (leaked) question and justification to the ones he believes does not have to answer as they are part of this constitutional authority as POTUS.

This would appear, at least politically if not legally, that he answered Mueller's questions but is not willing to enter a perjury trap.
2018-05-02 11:52 AM

User image

Pro

The best part of this is that Liberals will overwhelmingly tell you to never talk to the Police (and they happen to be right)......but wait until you see the hue and cry when President Trump refuses to.  LMAOOOOO

2018-05-02 1:24 PM
in reply to: 0

User image

Regular
Originally posted by Rogillio

Looks like Mueller failed to find a smoking gun on the Trump/Russian investigation so now he is focusing on obstruction of justice over Trump's firing of Comey. At least according to the talking heads in the media. I heard someone say last night on Hannity that normally you investigate a crime and search for the person(s) responsible. This special council is investigating a person and searching for a crime.

From what I've seen, you don't necessarily have to have an underlying crime to obstruct justice but the case is different when it come to the office of the president who has constitutional authority over the FBI. Seems to me if Trump thought Comey was pursuing a witch hunt - because he knew there was no Trump campaing/Russian conspricacy - searching for a crime he had the authority to redirect him or fire him.

One thing for sure, I have learn a lot about how our government and justice system works (and doesn't work) over the last year. I have lost a lot of faith in our gubment....and I never had much to begin with!

Totally agree. Its been proven that neither party wants what is good for the public, only to keep themselves in power. Nothing more. If you think your one vote counts, it doesnt. Most politicians are there because they followed the party lines. Its really that simple. Voting for crap only perpetuates the 2 party system.

Also, I have decided that not voting is as much of a choice as selecting a candidate the party has put forth. If I choose not to vote, it does not make me unAmerican, it makes me an informed voter who is not going to choose the lesser of two bad candidates.

Edited by hessma 2018-05-02 1:34 PM

2018-05-02 2:06 PM
in reply to: hessma

User image

Champion
Alabama
Originally posted by hessma

Originally posted by Rogillio

Totally agree. Its been proven that neither party wants what is good for the public, only to keep themselves in power. Nothing more. If you think your one vote counts, it doesnt. Most politicians are there because they followed the party lines. Its really that simple. Voting for crap only perpetuates the 2 party system.

Also, I have decided that not voting is as much of a choice as selecting a candidate the party has put forth. If I choose not to vote, it does not make me unAmerican, it makes me an informed voter who is not going to choose the lesser of two bad candidates.

Why would you want others to select the lesser of two evils for you? I think only about 40% of those eligible to vote actually vote. I always vote because, in addition to the top of the ticket, there are almost always other lower tiered local elections that do effect me directly....like our local councilman. There are also almost always other issues on the ballot that effect me such as ad valorem taxes or proposed changes to our state constitution, etc.

My state is predictably red and my vote for POTUS really was symbolic as there was no way Trump was going to lose Alabama.

I still remember when they first had elections in Iraq after the fall of Saddam. Their "voter ID" system was to dip your finger in a bottle of purple ink that would stain your finger so you could not vote twice. Freakin' brilliant! And the Iraqis wore those purple stained finger with pride! They were so proud and excited to have gotten the privilege to vote. Ever since then, I view voting a little different.

2018-05-03 7:03 AM
in reply to: 0

User image

Pro

"Forget about all the death threats against my family. I want to know who cost us so much money, who crushed our kids, who forced us out of our home, all because you lost an election," he added, concluding with, "I want to know because GD you to Hell." - Michael Caputo, former campaign aide to President Trump in a statement to the senate investigative committee.

This entire "investigation" is an obstruction of justice.

Edited by Left Brain 2018-05-03 7:13 AM
2018-05-03 10:54 AM
in reply to: hessma

User image

Pro
Omaha, NE

Originally posted by Rogillio Looks like Mueller failed to find a smoking gun on the Trump/Russian investigation so now he is focusing on obstruction of justice over Trump's firing of Comey. At least according to the talking heads in the media. I heard someone say last night on Hannity that normally you investigate a crime and search for the person(s) responsible. This special council is investigating a person and searching for a crime. From what I've seen, you don't necessarily have to have an underlying crime to obstruct justice but the case is different when it come to the office of the president who has constitutional authority over the FBI. Seems to me if Trump thought Comey was pursuing a witch hunt - because he knew there was no Trump campaing/Russian conspricacy - searching for a crime he had the authority to redirect him or fire him. One thing for sure, I have learn a lot about how our government and justice system works (and doesn't work) over the last year. I have lost a lot of faith in our gubment....and I never had much to begin with!
Totally agree. Its been proven that neither party wants what is good for the public, only to keep themselves in power. Nothing more. If you think your one vote counts, it doesnt. Most politicians are there because they followed the party lines. Its really that simple. Voting for crap only perpetuates the 2 party system. Also, I have decided that not voting is as much of a choice as selecting a candidate the party has put forth. If I choose not to vote, it does not make me unAmerican, it makes me an informed voter who is not going to choose the lesser of two bad candidates.

My son was close friends with our Congressmans son and we'd hang out on occasion.   He had a beer or two down and he really opened my eyes to to the reality of our system.  He spends a year making phone calls and fundraisers to get elected.  He gets elected and 75% of his time is on the phone and fundraisers to fund his next election.  He is told what to vote for by leadership and rarely if ever reads anything he votes on.  If he decides to stick his head out and vote no on something he'll be punished heavily by being kicked off committees and party funds for next election will be cut.  Hence, he votes the party line.  
So basically you have a semblance of representation of the people, but it's really not.  You have lobbyists and leadership who are pushing respective agendas with the administration and the sheep must follow.

Now from a party standpoint both parties are every bit as guilty (this guy was a republican).  However, I feel the Democrats are much more heavy handed.  You never see a dissenting Democrat voting against the party line.  however, there are the occasional Republicans such as Rand Paul who buck the system.

2018-05-03 11:33 AM
in reply to: tuwood

User image

Champion
Alabama
Originally posted by tuwood

Totally agree. Its been proven that neither party wants what is good for the public, only to keep themselves in power. Nothing more. If you think your one vote counts, it doesnt. Most politicians are there because they followed the party lines. Its really that simple. Voting for crap only perpetuates the 2 party system. Also, I have decided that not voting is as much of a choice as selecting a candidate the party has put forth. If I choose not to vote, it does not make me unAmerican, it makes me an informed voter who is not going to choose the lesser of two bad candidates.

My son was close friends with our Congressmans son and we'd hang out on occasion.   He had a beer or two down and he really opened my eyes to to the reality of our system.  He spends a year making phone calls and fundraisers to get elected.  He gets elected and 75% of his time is on the phone and fundraisers to fund his next election.  He is told what to vote for by leadership and rarely if ever reads anything he votes on.  If he decides to stick his head out and vote no on something he'll be punished heavily by being kicked off committees and party funds for next election will be cut.  Hence, he votes the party line.  
So basically you have a semblance of representation of the people, but it's really not.  You have lobbyists and leadership who are pushing respective agendas with the administration and the sheep must follow.

Now from a party standpoint both parties are every bit as guilty (this guy was a republican).  However, I feel the Democrats are much more heavy handed.  You never see a dissenting Democrat voting against the party line.  however, there are the occasional Republicans such as Rand Paul who buck the system.

Wow, that is really sad to hear. This is why we need term limits. What seems to happen is, the longer you are in office the more secure you seat becomes and you eventually you run unopposed or at least don't need party money to get re-elected. So then these people are in charge....they are the most senior and are in the power positions.

I suppose this is like most things in life, 10% of the people yield 90% of the power, do 90% of the work, pay 90% of the taxes, make 90% of the decisions and control 90% of the wealth. The other 90% are pretty much along for the ride.

New Thread
Other Resources The Political Joe » Obstruction of Justice Rss Feed  
RELATED POSTS

Obstruction of Justice

Started by Rogillio
Views: 180 Posts: 1

2018-02-08 10:14 AM Rogillio

Obstruction of justice

Started by Rogillio
Views: 850 Posts: 20

2018-05-03 4:05 PM tuwood