General Discussion Iron Distance Race Groups » A Favor for my Wounded Ironman Father? Rss Feed  
Moderators: k9car363, alicefoeller Reply
2018-07-03 5:05 PM

Subject: A Favor for my Wounded Ironman Father?
Hello everyone,
I have a favor to ask and I know it is probably a long shot, but here it goes!
My dad has completed two Ironman races and was training for another at the end of this year. Unfortunately, his training was abruptly ended this weekend when he was hit by a car (while on his bike). He is fairly cut up and has a few broken bones, but thankfully will be okay and it could've been much worse.
The thing he was most upset about, however, was the fact that he was wearing his finisher tank top that he earned from completing his first Ironman at the time of the accident and the hospital had to cut it off of him, therefore rendering it unwearable.
I am asking if anyone somehow has an extra finisher tank top from the Ironman in Madison, Wisconsin in 2016. I have already contacted the official Ironman store and they said there is no way to order another one. So if anyone could help, I would immensely appreciate it. My email is [email protected]
Thank you and be safe out there for all of your races and training!

2018-07-05 7:11 AM
in reply to: LHurt

User image

Master
White Oak, Texas
Subject: RE: A Favor for my Wounded Ironman Father?
Try contacting the organization that put the event on or perhaps a local bike shop or club that sponsored it
2018-07-06 4:41 PM
in reply to: CBarnes

I did try contacting the organization, but I haven't tried contacting sponsors. That is a very good idea I will look into it! Thanks!
2018-07-07 7:54 PM
in reply to: #5245430

Is it the shirt you receive at the finish line? If so I have one. You can have for free if you will pay s and h. Thanks
2018-07-09 11:20 PM
in reply to: #5245975

I am not quite sure if it's the one you receive at the finish line. I was trying to keep this as a surprise for my dad if I was able to get a hold of a short by any chance. It is a tank top that is black with yellow sides and has white/red buildings (maybe they are buildings) on the front. I am sure he would be very excited though to receive anything from that race! I will PM you. Thank you so much!
New Thread
General Discussion Iron Distance Race Groups » A Favor for my Wounded Ironman Father? Rss Feed