General Discussion Triathlon Talk » Montgomery County, PA Rss Feed  
Moderators: k9car363, alicefoeller Reply
2018-09-11 10:28 AM

User image

, Pennsylvania
Subject: Montgomery County, PA
Hello All,

I have to be around Lansdale, PA for some time on the weekend while my boys are doing some out of town gymnastics training. If any locals could share some good (safe) rides in the area it would really be appreciated. I found the YMCA so I might get a swim in, but I need a 50+ mile ride on Sunday. Saturday afternoon looks like a good running time...

Thanks in advance,

Steve

2018-09-11 2:48 PM
in reply to: PigeonTri

User image

Subject: RE: Montgomery County, PA
Only thing I know near Lansdale is 202 bypass trail. But that’s only 8 miles and not the best ride for a workout IMO, more a cruising trail. It takes you out to doylestown which has some nice rides but I don’t know them well enough to direct you. Could work your way over to Schuylkill River trail (or drive there ~20 or so mins) and get plenty of miles in. That’s typically where I would get long rides in. Power line trail in horsham for run. Also kind of boring but if you’re looking for a trail to run so you don’t have to worry about directions. All of those are mostly closed to traffic but you have to go through occasional intersection. I’m south closer to the city so I don’t ride/run up that way all that often. Most of the riding I do outside of SRT is back roads down into philly to get to Kelly drive and then back through Manayunk. You could also look up wissahickon trail for running. I think that starts up near the North Penn area. I’m sure someone from Lansdale could give you better ideas.
New Thread
General Discussion Triathlon Talk » Montgomery County, PA Rss Feed