General Discussion Triathlon Talk » Using Apple Watch for Swimming - anyone else? - a few questions Rss Feed  
Moderators: k9car363, alicefoeller Reply
2019-03-22 5:52 AM

Expert
Miller Place, Long Island
Subject: Using Apple Watch for Swimming - anyone else? - a few questions
Hi

Does anyone know if there is an easy way to export the swim workout data from my Apple watch (or the connected phone app) directly to my training log here at BT

When I got to the pool yesterday for my swim workout and took my trusty old timex watch out of my bag I realized that, after many years, it finally died. I decided to use my Apple Watch for the first time to record my swim...

First, I was blown away by the ease of using it for swimming and the way it broke down my sets and splits without me even thinking about it. The accuracy of the distance was spot on as well and it even counted my strokes.

So...I've decided that I will begin using my Apple watch full-time for all of my swims and I wanted to know if anyone else using it can tell me if there is an easy way to export the swim workout data from my watch (or the connected phone app) directly to my training log here at BT

2019-03-30 8:38 AM
in reply to: mscotthall

User image

Subject: RE: Using Apple Watch for Swimming - anyone else? - a few questions
I'm not sure about uploading it here to BT training log....I have used an app called HealthFit (the icon for the app is a white background with the outline of a red heart with a solid red arrow pointing out to the right with "FIT" at the top right hand corner) to export the workout from the Apple Health app. I use it to upload my workout to Training Peaks.

It lists the following as Export options: 2Peak, Cycling Analytics, DropBox, Final Surge, Google Sheets, Komoot, Map My Tracks, Ride with GPS, Runalyze, Selfloops, Smashrun, SportTracks, Today's Plan, TrainAsONE, Training Peaks, Under Armor, and Xhale.

I hope this helps

I've had to use my Apple Watch for swims fairly frequently as I wear my Apple Watch every day at work (I like the option to immediately reply to text messages) and try to remember to pack my Garmin in my workout bag, but sometimes I just forget to pack the Garmin.
New Thread
General Discussion Triathlon Talk » Using Apple Watch for Swimming - anyone else? - a few questions Rss Feed  
RELATED POSTS

Swim Jammer Question

Started by medic4070
Views: 1325 Posts: 6

2019-03-07 6:03 AM medic4070

would like to start using zwift...many questions

Started by mscotthall
Views: 967 Posts: 6

2019-01-10 8:20 PM ziggie204

5k swim question

Started by tatous
Views: 2171 Posts: 12