Other Resources The Political Joe » Gun Control Rss Feed  
Moderators: k9car363, alicefoeller Reply

of 2

2019-09-16 2:30 PM
in reply to: tuwood

User image

Pro
Subject: RE: Gun Control

No, Tony, you must listen to liberals.  They know everything, and all that you learned in life is useless....that's why society is on such a great path now. 

2019-09-16 6:55 PM
in reply to: Left Brain

User image

, Arizona
Rog, training does change behavior, that's the whole point. Have you ever driven in Germany? They are a different breed of drivers, getting your license is taken much more seriously and requires much more training than a place like the US. Their auto fatalities per inhabitant is 1/3rd of what we see in the US, that's not just a fluke of chance. Are there still accidents? Are there still irresponsible drivers there that causes deaths? Of course, and there always will be. I think a culture of responsible ownership is a big step up from where we are, there are plenty (most?) of adults who need to be taught how to not be an idiot to protect the people around them.

LB, your ability to make an argument against something nobody has said in hysterical fashion is quite something. You already made your case, nobody is looking for your approval, so carry on.
2019-09-16 7:32 PM
in reply to: Synon

User image

Pro
Omaha, NE

Originally posted by Synon Rog, training does change behavior, that's the whole point. Have you ever driven in Germany? They are a different breed of drivers, getting your license is taken much more seriously and requires much more training than a place like the US. Their auto fatalities per inhabitant is 1/3rd of what we see in the US, that's not just a fluke of chance. Are there still accidents? Are there still irresponsible drivers there that causes deaths? Of course, and there always will be. I think a culture of responsible ownership is a big step up from where we are, there are plenty (most?) of adults who need to be taught how to not be an idiot to protect the people around them. LB, your ability to make an argument against something nobody has said in hysterical fashion is quite something. You already made your case, nobody is looking for your approval, so carry on.

One fundamental difference is that driving is a privilege and gun ownership is a constitutional right.  There should be ZERO requirements or restrictions to purchase a gun, but lawmakers still try and try to restrict.  Sadly there are enough non-constitution following judges in place to back many of the stupid laws we have today.

I get where you're coming from with training and honestly encourage as much training as possible for everyone.  However, I do not require it.  I personally believe gun training should be mandatory in elementary school to educate kids on gun safety.

If you want a culture of responsible gun ownership then teach it to everyone, don't just use it as a hurdle for those who want to legally purchase guns.  Those that legally purchase them already know how to use them.  

Finally, you have to look at incidents you're trying to prevent and then apply your solution to those incidents.  Anyone who is going to mass murder people is not doing it because they weren't trained enough to store their guns at night.

2019-09-16 7:46 PM
in reply to: 0

User image

Pro

Originally posted by Synon Rog, training does change behavior, that's the whole point. Have you ever driven in Germany? They are a different breed of drivers, getting your license is taken much more seriously and requires much more training than a place like the US. Their auto fatalities per inhabitant is 1/3rd of what we see in the US, that's not just a fluke of chance. Are there still accidents? Are there still irresponsible drivers there that causes deaths? Of course, and there always will be. I think a culture of responsible ownership is a big step up from where we are, there are plenty (most?) of adults who need to be taught how to not be an idiot to protect the people around them. LB, your ability to make an argument against something nobody has said in hysterical fashion is quite something. You already made your case, nobody is looking for your approval, so carry on.

No gun control for law abiding citizens of the U.S.......ZERO.    Again, the current climate has NOTHING to do with accidental shootings, inner city killings, or any other situation that is actually the biggest part of deaths by gun in the U.S.  This is simply a leftist employed hysteria to take guns from people.....period. 

Hey.....I've got an idea.....why don't we actually take people who commit gun crimes out of society. We have the laws in place to do that. What if literally everybody we are hunting down for shooting someone didn't already have a gun crime on their record ( they'd be locked up).....because THAT is reality.  Why are they free to commit murder when they already showed they can't follow gun laws????  Hell, the same people crying to take guns from citizens are advocating letting criminals out of prison.  Tell me all about their concern for our safety.

I don't want to hear how we need to control law aiding citizens in their purchase of firearms......that's just bullchit.

Nope.

Edited by Left Brain 2019-09-16 7:55 PM
2019-09-16 7:58 PM

User image

, Arizona
Originally posted by tuwood
There should be ZERO requirements or restrictions to purchase a gun

No age requirement either?

I understand that driving is not the same, I only use it as an example of how a country has saved lives by taking pride in responsibility. It's only a hurdle if that is how it's perceived, for some it may be seen as a right of passage.

Accidental injury and death would likely be primary reason. While everyone loves to focus solely on mass murderers there are other reasons and motivations to improve gun laws and safety.
2019-09-16 8:12 PM

User image

Pro
We already have laws that restrict purchase and carry due to age.... .I thought we were looking for actual solutions to our murder rate. P.S......you do realize that underage kids who use or carry guns are not locked up, right? (short of murder) We return them to their "parents" per our family court....most states operate the same....we can't lock up the little darlings and turn them into hardened criminals who go on to commit gun crimes.....oh, wait.

Edited by Left Brain 2019-09-16 8:16 PM

2019-09-16 9:35 PM

User image

, Arizona
Originally posted by Left Brain
blah blah blah

You've made your unwillingness to listen clear at the start, not sure what the point of any discussion with you would be. Buzz off mate.
2019-09-16 10:03 PM

User image

Pro
In case there is any doubt at all about more gun control of law abiding citizens in the U.S...........No.

Edited by Left Brain 2019-09-16 10:06 PM
2019-09-17 7:09 AM

User image

Champion
Alabama
Originally posted by Synon

blah blah blah

You've made your unwillingness to listen clear at the start, not sure what the point of any discussion with you would be. Buzz off mate.

LB does listen but because of a head injury as a child he is adamant in his position. But that is ok. Personally I don’t buy the “slippery slop” theory. Assault weapons were banned once and reversed when data showed it did not affect anything. People also use the slippery slope theory to justify abortion right up to the moment of birth.

I think there can be reasonable laws concerning guns - bump stock ban for example. 100 round magazines are a dangerous toy in the wrong hands. OTOH, it takes less than a second to swap mags so banning them would not likely save lives.

2019-09-17 10:07 AM
in reply to: Rogillio

User image

Pro
There was the incident with the pliers too, Rog....don't forget that.You do realize it's illegal to shoot people, right? That's a pretty good law to stop the killing, yeah? How's that working out? How about we take the laws we already have, apply then with full force to violent azzholes, and see if that helps.....hint: it will.
2019-09-17 10:20 AM

User image

Pro
We are in a sitiation where most of the people killed by gun homicide are killed by people who have already shot someone or used a gun illegally.....HOW IN THE HELL DOES THAT HAPPEN??

2019-09-17 2:19 PM

User image

Champion
Alabama

There was the incident with the pliers too, Rog....don't forget that.You do realize it's illegal to shoot people, right? That's a pretty good law to stop the killing, yeah? How's that working out? How about we take the laws we already have, apply then with full force to violent azzholes, and see if that helps.....hint: it will.

No idea what the pliers issue was? Did someone drop a pair of pliers on your head after the biking without a helmet crash?

Side note. I one hit my wife in the head with a hammer! It’s true. We were putting tin on a pole barn and I’d laid the hammer on the top of the step ladder I was on that she was holding for me. The ladder moved and the hammer fell off the ladder and hit her on top of the head. Thank God she is hard headed and shrugged it off. Well, after crying and much apologizing and comfort from me.
2019-09-17 3:02 PM

User image

Pro
Omaha, NE

Originally posted by Rogillio
Originally posted by Left Brain There was the incident with the pliers too, Rog....don't forget that.You do realize it's illegal to shoot people, right? That's a pretty good law to stop the killing, yeah? How's that working out? How about we take the laws we already have, apply then with full force to violent azzholes, and see if that helps.....hint: it will.
No idea what the pliers issue was? Did someone drop a pair of pliers on your head after the biking without a helmet crash? Side note. I one hit my wife in the head with a hammer! It’s true. We were putting tin on a pole barn and I’d laid the hammer on the top of the step ladder I was on that she was holding for me. The ladder moved and the hammer fell off the ladder and hit her on top of the head. Thank God she is hard headed and shrugged it off. Well, after crying and much apologizing and comfort from me.

We need common sense hammer control ;-

2019-09-17 3:08 PM

User image

Pro
Omaha, NE

Originally posted by tuwood There should be ZERO requirements or restrictions to purchase a gun
No age requirement either? I understand that driving is not the same, I only use it as an example of how a country has saved lives by taking pride in responsibility. It's only a hurdle if that is how it's perceived, for some it may be seen as a right of passage. Accidental injury and death would likely be primary reason. While everyone loves to focus solely on mass murderers there are other reasons and motivations to improve gun laws and safety.

Most constitutional rights kick in at 18 (such as voting) because it's legally when we become adults. 

I'm a big proponent of improving safety, but you don't need to put laws in place to make it happen.  Simply add curriculum into the schools to teach gun safety in K-6 and I would argue that you'd get a substantial decrease in accidental child shootings.
However mandating that an adult goes through gun safety training prior to purchasing a firearm will do very little.  If an adult is careless enough to leave a loaded gun around a child then he's going to be careless period.  However, if that child is aware of the dangers of the firearm they find then it's a game changer. 
Think Mr. yuck stickers type stuff.  I remember being taught in early elementary not to drink the funny bottles under the sink.  My parents left them where I could access them, but I was taught not to drink them.  Same mindset can be taken with guns, make a real difference, and most importantly doesn't infringe on anyones rights. 

2019-09-17 3:38 PM

User image

Pro
I'd like to take this time to note that there is not a single gun law that could be created that would lower the killing of people by law abiding citizens.....because its already against the damn law.We have literally thousands of gun laws already established.....how about we enforce those with penalties that put, and keep, violent gun offenders in prison and away from the rest of us.....its a really simple solution....and the infrastructure for it already exists!! The alternative is to create more laws for criminals to ignore.....how's that working now??

Edited by Left Brain 2019-09-17 3:41 PM
2019-09-17 4:48 PM

User image

Champion
Albuquerque, New Mexico
Bronze member

Originally posted by tuwood There should be ZERO requirements or restrictions to purchase a gun
No age requirement either? I understand that driving is not the same, I only use it as an example of how a country has saved lives by taking pride in responsibility. It's only a hurdle if that is how it's perceived, for some it may be seen as a right of passage. Accidental injury and death would likely be primary reason. While everyone loves to focus solely on mass murderers there are other reasons and motivations to improve gun laws and safety.

Most constitutional rights kick in at 18 (such as voting) because it's legally when we become adults. 

I'm a big proponent of improving safety, but you don't need to put laws in place to make it happen.  Simply add curriculum into the schools to teach gun safety in K-6 and I would argue that you'd get a substantial decrease in accidental child shootings.
However mandating that an adult goes through gun safety training prior to purchasing a firearm will do very little.  If an adult is careless enough to leave a loaded gun around a child then he's going to be careless period.  However, if that child is aware of the dangers of the firearm they find then it's a game changer. 
Think Mr. yuck stickers type stuff.  I remember being taught in early elementary not to drink the funny bottles under the sink.  My parents left them where I could access them, but I was taught not to drink them.  Same mindset can be taken with guns, make a real difference, and most importantly doesn't infringe on anyones rights. 

Ummm...err...you're leaving "gun safety" to the same group that teaches sex ed???

2019-09-17 8:14 PM
in reply to: McFuzz

User image

Pro
Omaha, NE

Originally posted by McFuzz

Ummm...err...you're leaving "gun safety" to the same group that teaches sex ed???

lol, i didn't say my plan was perfect.  ;-

2019-09-18 5:55 AM

User image

Champion
Alabama
Not the gubment’s job to sex, gun safety, morality, nutrition, personal responsibility, respect for others, personal hygiene, or how to ride a bicycle. It should take a village to raise a child, it takes 2 parents.

BTW, I had my doctor ask a serious of questions recently and one included asking if I had a gun in the house. I said, “Yes, many. And sometimes I run with scissors.” This info will undoubtedly go into some gubment database.

To teach gun safety you need to know how to load, fire and unload a gun. Imagine the liberal outrage when the 5th grade students are taught how to chamber a round and takes a field trip to the gun range. Another thought is teaching gun safety might peak someone’s interest in guns who otherwise had zero interest in guns.
2019-10-03 12:44 PM

User image

Pro

Well damn.....looks like Beto's guns have already been confiscated. 

Edited by Left Brain 2019-10-03 12:48 PM

(betoguns11.png)

Attachments
----------------
betoguns11.png (334KB - 7 downloads)
2019-10-03 1:20 PM

User image

Champion
Alabama
Bra Haha! Had to post this on FB.
2019-10-03 1:31 PM

User image

Pro

There was a different (unfit for posting) caption on it when I got it, but it was close.  I just started laughing when I saw it and thought about him saying, "we're going to take your assault rifles".  LMAO  

That dude couldn't take a fork and spoon away from someone. 

2019-10-07 7:21 AM

User image

Champion
Alabama
https://www.breitbart.com/politics/2019/10/06/dicks-destroyed-5-mil-...

So Dicks think destroying new stock guns will impact the number of guns on the street? Why didn’t they just make a $5m donations to gun manufacturers? Guess they skipped they chapter on supply and demand in their economics book. Maybe they think gun manufacturers are at peak production and cannot possibly increase production to make up for the $5m in guns they destroyed?

I don’t shop at Dicks as I prefer Cabela’s. Some times when I shop I enjoy looking at the guns to see what is new and what might be on sale. So even if I am shopping for fishing gear, I usually swing by the gun section to browse. That option is no longer available at Dicks. Article says they have lost 1/4 million in revenue since their new policy.

My prediction is Dicks will no longer be a sporting goods store. People will only go there to buy running shoes and clothes. Seems to me that most people who like to fish also tend to like to hunt too.
2019-10-07 9:36 AM

User image

Pro

The citizens of this country will never be disarmed.  Period.

2019-10-24 9:31 AM

User image

Pro

(warren1.jpg)

Attachments
----------------
warren1.jpg (72KB - 4 downloads)
New Thread
Other Resources The Political Joe » Gun Control Rss Feed  

of 2