General Discussion Introduce Yourself!!! » 1st timer from Texas Rss Feed  
Moderators: IndoIronYanti, k9car363, alicefoeller Reply
2020-01-01 12:31 AM

Subject: 1st timer from Texas
Hello all. Came across this site looking for advice on a training plan. I'm a recent divorcee and was kind of in a funk and needed a challenge. I was talking to a friend of mine in Florida a few months back and she said I should do a triathlon. Challenge accepted. I'll be doing the Olympic distance tri at the St Anthony's in April. I can't be more excited. Being 46 years old and out of shape, my body really curses me before, during and after every workout. I've been at it for a few months now, working out 5-6 days per week and REALLY enjoying the rest days. I didn't realize how much goes in to something like this. Fortunately, my friend used to do the Ironmans and she has been extremely helpful. I guess I dont really have any questions at the moment, but I'm thanking you all in advance for all the questions/advice that I will have.

2020-01-02 10:54 PM
in reply to: Johnd2019

Subject: RE: 1st timer from Texas
Welcome! Enjoy the journey.
2020-01-06 8:50 PM
in reply to: #5265050

User image

Subject: RE: 1st timer from Texas
Welcome John!

Triathlon is such a rewarding sport. Each individual sport is challenging, but trying to put all the puzzle pieces together to make all 3 work on race day is an even bigger challenge.

Have fun figuring it out and i hope the sport provides you with some respite from the stress you’ve been having.
New Thread
General Discussion Introduce Yourself!!! » 1st timer from Texas Rss Feed