General Discussion Triathlon Talk » Help....Wetsuit tight on neck, Will this improve? Rss Feed  
Moderators: k9car363, alicefoeller Reply
2021-04-01 9:13 AM

Subject: Help....Wetsuit tight on neck, Will this improve?
I have signed up for my first triathlon and I've just purchased a Zone3 Aspire ladies suit. I am delighted with it and it fits perfectly apart from the fitting around my neck (I followed the sizing chart and the next size will definitely be too big). It feels like it is pressing on my windpipe and is very uncomfortable. I am new to Tri wetsuits but not new to wearing wetsuits (surfing, bodyboarding etc for years). I have watched various videos on how to put them on etc but it is still tight. Before I send it back I was wondering if this is a common feeling with triathlon wetsuits, and, maybe it improves in the water in swimming position or, do they stretch? Thanking you in advance!

2021-04-01 1:24 PM
in reply to: BYL

User image

Champion
Tacoma, Washington
Subject: RE: Help....Wetsuit tight on neck, Will this improve?

People buying their first tri wetsuit tend to get it on the large side, unless some one is guiding them on the purchase, as it tends to feel overly constricting on dry land. If you have experience with other wetsuits, this may not be a problem.

But you also probably know that it will feel looser in the water, partially due to you constricting in the cold water, and partially due to the wetsuit growing slightly due to water uptake.

Make sure you're pulling the wetsuit UP when you put it on and use Body Glide around your neck. Also, it should have some adjustment via the velcro closure in back.

New Thread
General Discussion Triathlon Talk » Help....Wetsuit tight on neck, Will this improve? Rss Feed