Other Resources My Cup of Joe » How to get a tri scholarship? Rss Feed  
Moderators: k9car363, the bear, DerekL, alicefoeller Reply
2022-03-25 6:53 PM

Subject: How to get a tri scholarship?
Hi, guys! I like triathlon, but I'm not a professional athlete. I hope to be accepted to college soon, and my dream is to be accepted to the college team. I also want to obtain scholarship, and as I know, applying for it requires me to submit a scholarship paper. Maybe any of you have already gone through this process? Do you have any secrets?
2022-03-27 9:16 PM
in reply to: Joe4678

User image

Champion
Albuquerque, New Mexico
Bronze member
Subject: RE: How to get a tri scholarship?

I think LeftBrain had kids do triathlon in college. 

College athletics is a HUGE commitment, even Division III (which doesn't officially offer athletic scholarships).  I had notions of running track in DIII college (no, I wasn't all that good, but they wanted people on the team) and made it about a week of indoor track (i.e. the "lite schedule").  It would have been 2+ hours a day for practice plus time to meets so it would have easily been 20+ hours per week and I couldn't give up that much time to non-academic pursuits. 

There are no secrets for scholarship applications...write the essay to reflect YOU as an individual.  If it gets you the scholarship, great.  If not, that's also not a bad thing because you know where you stand. 

2022-04-01 5:59 PM
in reply to: McFuzz

Subject: RE: How to get a tri scholarship?
I still search for a good guide on scholarship essay because I have high hopes for this paper. I may be wrong, but I won't know the truth until I try to submit it.
New Thread
Other Resources My Cup of Joe » How to get a tri scholarship? Rss Feed