General Discussion Introduce Yourself!!! » Rookie Clydesdale Rss Feed  
Moderators: IndoIronYanti, k9car363, alicefoeller Reply
2003-12-21 6:10 PM

Subject: Rookie Clydesdale
Hello everybody. I am a 45 year old Central Pennsylvania law enforcement officer who hasn't done much of anything fitness-wise since 1990, when I was last on SORT (Special Operations Response Team). Last year my wife and I made the commitment to lose some major weight. I've dropped 75 pounds, half of my 150 pound goal, and have decided it's time to add some physical exercise again. The Beginner Triathlete site was a God-send. I've always been intrigued by triathalon, since watching my first HI IRonman in the late '70's.

Obviously at 6'2" and 300 pounds I'm still a pretty big boy. So it's probably best to start slow. I've been following the Conservative Runner Program for about six weeks now. But, being a Marine I tend to want to push pretty hard too whe I'm motivated. that was always oneo f the downfalls of earlier efforts. But then I never had a group I could talk to like this either. I've always thought I had to do this alone. I'll be counting on feedback from here to help stay motivated.

I've got a three day a week, two exercise plan in mind to start. That will let me do two of three events each day, all three twice each week, and alternate between them to maintain interest. I'm adding a very basic weight training program from a book by Bill Pearl (former Mr. Universe) for strength training. My intent here is to become physically fit while maintaining at least 225 pounds of solid "hurt you" for those times I need it at the prison.

If you try to e-mail me you have to include TRIATHLETE in the subject line or it won't get through.

2003-12-21 8:17 PM
in reply to: #2747

User image

Central Louisiana
Subject: RE: Rookie Clydesdale
Welcome to the board! You sound like that you are training smart and you are on the right track! You might want to share what plan you have been following with weight loss as many on the board are always looking for something that works. Feel free to ask any questions somebody has probably experienced the same thing.

Still Tri'n
Michael
2003-12-21 8:57 PM

New user

Houston, Texas
Welcome fellow Clydesdale. The value of this forum has become apparent to me after only a couple of weeks. Congratulations on your weight loss, keep it up. As Michael stated there are a lot of people, including myself, that would be interested in hearing about your weight loss tools. Keep it up

Chad
2003-12-22 7:54 AM

User image

Expert
Rockledge, Fl
Welcome Mike! Congratulations on losing 75lbs! What a great accomplishment! Sounds like you have a great plan to start. You can change it as you progress if needed. Where in Central PA? I got to State College several times a year. It's nice up there in the summer!
2003-12-22 8:54 AM

User image

Champion
Gold member
good to hear form u AND your immediate successes thus far!!!  hope to be hearing more from u!!!
New Thread
General Discussion Introduce Yourself!!! » Rookie Clydesdale Rss Feed