General Discussion Triathlon Talk » Got to start somewhere Rss Feed  
Moderators: k9car363, alicefoeller Reply
2003-12-23 4:32 PM

Subject: Got to start somewhere
OK, I found the site last night and have pledged to run at least a sprint distance before my 46 birthday (August).

Bill Phillips (Fit for Life) says the most important thing we can do to help ourselves succeed is planning our workouts. So I spent an hour or so tonight making a workout chart similar to the ones in his book and a workout calendar for the month of January 04. Then I filled in the days back to tomorrow. I'm going to use the calendar to track what I should be doing each day. If I miss a day, due to overtime or illness, I will simply skip it on the calendar and go to the next scheduled workout. I have to start somewhere and postponing it until "after the hlidays" just makes it easier to find a reason not to start later. Anybody who wants to review/critique the charts is welcome to do so. You will need Corel WordPerfect to do so.

2003-12-23 7:21 PM
in reply to: #2828

User image

Champion
Gold member
Subject: RE: Got to start somewhere

its true...a well planned workout will get u motivated and avoid many injuries.  i would love to look at it...would it work in regular wordperfect?  if not, fill in the calendar here under your 'training log'...go to calendar view, u can add specific comments later as u each day passes PLUS we can all view it and comment!

have a great new year...getting excited for that first day???

2003-12-23 9:05 PM

User image

Central Louisiana
Taking that first step to start is always the hardest, but it sounds like you have got a great plan. Let us know if we can help!

Still Tri'n,
Michael
2003-12-27 12:05 PM

User image

Expert
Rockledge, Fl
Welcome Mike! Have you done any challenges? I did 2 this year and will be doing my thirs Jan 5 but change training for my tri training. If you love to plan, the Tri training bible has a plan for mapping out year of periodic training and how to create your weekly workouts. This site also has some training programs that could help you setup your program.
2003-12-28 5:44 PM

Regular
Springfield, Ohio
Yeah, starting is the hardest. Continuing is the second hardest. I'm restarting after a 3 month layoff. Soooo, I should be in really great shape after letting my body rest up. Those extra pounds I put on over the holidays (10) will give me that much more energy stores, right?
Seriously though, sounds like you have a good plan. I'm coming back in gradually with light weights and walking and will build up to running in Jan
New Thread
General Discussion Triathlon Talk » Got to start somewhere Rss Feed