General Discussion Introduce Yourself!!! » Training schedules Rss Feed  
Moderators: IndoIronYanti, k9car363, alicefoeller Reply
2003-12-23 8:14 PM

User image

Veteran
Waco, Texas
Subject: Training schedules
My jury is out on the log - whether or not I will write in it consistently is to be seen ( I usually keep a calendar). What I seek are schedules for training...what sport(s) I do today, for how long, et cetera. Did I miss something in the menu? Thanks for the site and the tips.

2003-12-23 8:26 PM
in reply to: #2842

User image

Champion
Gold member
Subject: RE: Training schedules

good call vmax...yes, on the main site their is only a sprint program.  i am currently working on an olympic, michael on a sprint and sherrick will have an 1/2 im program...look for them in 2 weeks. 

what is your background and your goals for 2004?  maybe i can send u something in the meantime?

2003-12-24 6:37 AM
in reply to: #2842

User image

Veteran
Waco, Texas
Thank you for the reply. I have completed a sprint and an olympic distance triathlon last season (my first season). Over this "off season", I have worked on increasing my running endurance and swim distances. I developed ITBS, or discovered I had it, during the run on the olympic distance event. I have this notion in my head that I want to complete a half IM in June, but I have never run a marathon or any really long distances...maybe I have a feather up my tail and it has impeded my thinking, but I would like to do this event, if physically possible. Also, my sister-in-law, who is a pro IM competitor, was going to come out to do this one "with" me (only metaphorically, as my olympic time was only 30 minutes less than her half IM time!) These are fun events, in my experience thus far, and I like that I don't have to be neurotic about my diet (not that I continously consume copious amounts of chocolate and coke and chips, but I can indulge in the occassional brownie at a party and not moan about it...). Many women my age fret about what they eat, and either deny themselves a periodic treat or binge on it. I don't want to live that way. Suggestions are always welcome! I am a TNT alum, which is how I got over the initial personal inertia. Now I want it as a lifestyle!
2003-12-24 2:44 PM
in reply to: #2855

User image

Champion
Gold member
well, until we get some schedules up in a few weeks - the 1/2IM too (sorry...growing pains), try trinewbies.com  they have some good, free schedules...at least it will get u planning for it so you know where u have to be to start.
New Thread
General Discussion Introduce Yourself!!! » Training schedules Rss Feed