General Discussion Introduce Yourself!!! » Brand New Rss Feed  
Moderators: IndoIronYanti, k9car363, alicefoeller Reply
2003-12-28 7:37 AM

New user

Orlando, FL
Subject: Brand New

I decided several months ago that I wanted to become a triathlete.  I needed a specific goal to strive for, other that just losing weight.  I began training and developed a pretty severe case of shin splints.  I tried to take it too fast.  I'm starting over now and I'm really excited about it.  I need to lose about 50-60 pounds (so I definitely qualify for Athena at this point) and I KNOW that I CAN do it.  I'm going to aim for competing in a triathlon in July or August. 

2003-12-28 9:38 AM
in reply to: #2926

New user
lake chelan ,wa
Subject: RE: Brand New
becky,
great to hear about your plans! what a wonderfull goal you have. hope all goes well with your training.
rick
2003-12-28 10:56 AM

User image

Central Louisiana
Don't overtrian and just take it slow. Things will fall into place and you will no doubt be ready by July or August.
Great to have you here!

Still Tri'n
Michael
2003-12-29 4:33 AM
in reply to: #2928

New user

Orlando, FL
Thanks for your support!
2003-12-29 7:02 PM

User image

Extreme Veteran
Epworth. Iowa
Welcome Becky - yup those shin splints are a litle voice saying, "Be good to me and I'll be good to you." I've just gotten back into running and have those shin tingles - took today off and am doing this slow. My goal is also to do a "1st tri" this next June. I envy your Orlando location. In Iowa we've got the winter thing going Doing stationary and lower body gym workouts hoping to be in shape when spring comes. (Open to any advice on this.)
New Thread
General Discussion Introduce Yourself!!! » Brand New Rss Feed