General Discussion Triathlon Talk » Training Groups Near Lexington/Roanoke? Rss Feed  
Moderators: k9car363, alicefoeller Reply
2006-12-26 7:07 PM

User image

Subject: Training Groups Near Lexington/Roanoke?
Just wondering if there are any triathlon groups that meet regularly in the Lexington or Roanoke area? Thanks Happy New Year ALL!

2006-12-28 9:41 AM
in reply to: #633619

User image

Regular
Lynchburg, Va
Subject: RE: Training Groups Near Lexington/Roanoke?

Funny, I was looking for the same thing, but more in the Lynchburg area.  No luck so far for me.  This is my first year to Tri, so figured a training group would be good to have.  Let me know if your interested in doing some running and riding on the weekends.  Not sure what your level is, but I ride at about 15 miles an hour and average about a 8:30 pace running.  Nothing fancy here, just  working towards the Eagleman HIM in June. 

Anyone else in the area interested let me know, we could get a small group together.

Edited by geekball2 2006-12-28 9:41 AM
2006-12-30 6:43 PM

User image

Regular
Lynchburg, Va

Is anyone alive in the Lynchburg/Lexington/Roanoke area or am I the only tri in the area?

2007-01-18 1:39 PM

User image

Regular
Lynchburg, Virginia
There is a triatlon club in Roanoke called the Big Lick Triathlon Club... http://biglicktriclub.20fr.com/

They are affiliated with the Blue Ridge Bicycle Club and I think they help organize the Big Lick Triatlon (Olympic Distance in September) at Smith Mountain Lake in Bedford, Virginia. They were just getting started when I moved from Roanoke to Lynchburg, so I didn't really do much with them, but there are some REALLY good triathletes that train with them at all distances from sprint to ironman.
2007-01-18 1:43 PM
in reply to: #635035

User image

Regular
Lynchburg, Virginia
I live in Lynchburg, but I haven't done any serious triathlon training for about 3 years. There are a lot of good races in the area though. Currently I am running only trying to complete my first Ultra, the Holiday Lake 50K, in Appomattox on February 10th. Also planning to do the Shamrock Marathon in Virginia Beach in March to take advantage of my ultra training, but would then like to get back to triathlon training to maybe do the two races at Smith Mountain Lake.
2007-01-23 5:40 PM
in reply to: #637453

Tampa, FL
I am relatively new to the Lynchburg area, am working towards my first tri in may/april time frame. I would be interested in getting involved in a training group.
Feel free to email me.
[email protected]

New Thread
General Discussion Triathlon Talk » Training Groups Near Lexington/Roanoke? Rss Feed