General Discussion Introduce Yourself!!! » This place is GREAT!! Rss Feed  
Moderators: IndoIronYanti, k9car363, alicefoeller Reply
2004-01-01 11:15 PM

South Bay
Subject: This place is GREAT!!
I love this site!
I only wish I had it last year when my friend and I were using books to train ourselves for our first sprint triathlon. I had NO prior running experience and only minimal biking/swimming skills but managed to do pretty well on tri day, have a great time, plus I did some 10k races along the way.
I'm coming back from a 4 month "break" caused by my best friend/training partner moving to CO (can you say self pity and lack of motivation?) and ITB problems (still working on those). I have convinced my cousin to train with me for this year's Danskin and it's been very motivating getting her started. Good for me, too, since I tend to go too hard and hurt myself. We went for her very first run today and it was great to see the happiness on her face when we finished!!

My goal is to do an Olympic distance triathlon sometime this summer...

2004-01-01 11:27 PM
in reply to: #3087

Extreme Veteran
PohangSi
Subject: RE: This place is GREAT!!
Yeah, this place is pretty cool. The logs are nice and I find it very motivating seeing what others are doing. Also everyone is very supportive and positive. Good luck on your training and coaching.
2004-01-02 1:41 PM

User image

Central Louisiana
It's hard to be a jerk in this sport! From the front of the packers to the back, it is nice to encourage each other, and we all need each others help. I was at a race this year and it was nice to see some of the top finishers come back out on the race course to run in with the back of the backers.

You can offer valuable advice to those who are just starting because you learned from your mistakes and prevailed.

Keep up the good work!

Still Tri'n,
Michael
2004-01-02 11:42 PM

User image

Champion
Gold member
you will find another training partner soon.  until then, we will keep u motivated!!!
2004-01-03 7:09 AM

I concur this site is great whoever runs it is doing a great service
Greg
New Thread
General Discussion Introduce Yourself!!! » This place is GREAT!! Rss Feed