General Discussion Triathlon Talk » New year, fresh start Rss Feed  
Moderators: k9car363, alicefoeller Reply
2004-01-02 8:05 AM

Subject: New year, fresh start
Hit the start button this morning. Began with getting out of bed early (0630) instead of "whenever". Trundle off to the gym, wondering "why?".

Nice easy 3 mph pace for a 20 min walk. Sort of jumping into the conservative run program around week three or something. Felt pretty good, no stress really. Found myself wanting to push it up to 4 mph, but resisted to avoid burnout.

Then my first weight training in over 13 years. Only one set of each, except bench press. Just basically trying to narrow in one the weights to use for each exercise. Dominique, my LA Weight Loss counselor, also happens to be a personal trainer/aerobics instructor. She says to aim for 6-8 reps per set because triathletes require strength more than definition. She says the definition will come from all the weight I'll lose from the cardio stuff.

I had gotten down to 298 back in October, but weighted in today at 324. Time to move. All in all, I'm happy with the start I made today. Oh, Ron, my e-mail is being difficult and won't e-mail the WordPerfect workout calendar right now. I'll try to send it when I figure out why not. In the meantime, I'm using the calendar/logs here.

2004-01-02 1:33 PM
in reply to: #3091

User image

Central Louisiana
Subject: RE: New year, fresh start
Good start to the new year! Keep it up.

Still Tri'n,
Michael
2004-01-02 4:55 PM

User image

Extreme Veteran
Epworth. Iowa
Hang in Mike - come back here often. A note from my blog - it takes 6-8 weeks to get a habit ingrained. If you drag, scold, cajole, bribe or whatever yourself for 6 - 8 weeks, a new habit will evict the old couch habit. In fact you will get crabby if you don't get your workout Great start - keep it up!
2004-01-02 11:22 PM

User image

Champion
Gold member

great job on getting up in the horrible wee hours of the wee morn!  with any luck, keep it up for at least a month and it will become a lot easier to get up and a lot harder to break the new habit.

about your calendar, u can also attach it to one of your posts here by checking the box 'attach file after posting'...then we can all see it....providing its not too big.

2004-01-03 7:25 AM
in reply to: #3125

OK, I'll give that a tri.
New Thread
General Discussion Triathlon Talk » New year, fresh start Rss Feed