General Discussion Introduce Yourself!!! » Swimming Help Rss Feed  
Moderators: IndoIronYanti, k9car363, alicefoeller Reply
2004-01-04 9:21 PM

User image

Veteran
San Diego, CA
Subject: Swimming Help
Hi,

I am a swim coach and specialize in triathlon swimming (and new to the board).
Training to do your first triathlon or trying to improve your open water swim for a tri is MUCH different than training for a 200-yard freestyle in a pool. That's why I started www.triswimcoach.com. Many masters coaches are year-round age group coaches and don't know much about what kind of drills and workouts triathletes need. Therefore, the help out there for beginning triathletes in swimming is very minimal.
On my website I offer a free newsletter, articles, tips, and a guide that includes a training plan for swimming an Olympic Distance event. Check it out!

Cheers,
Kevin
www.triswimcoach.com

p.s. If anyone has questions please email me!

2004-01-04 11:27 PM
in reply to: #3173

User image

Champion
Gold member
Subject: RE: Swimming Help

hey kevin...welcome!   we hope u stay around and 'guide' us and offer 'little tidbit's for swim help.  a lot of us struggle and r white-water churners.  stick around, stay visible with good tips and i'm sure some people will come your way out of curiosity....i am totally into total immersion concepts (being scientific - a lot is physics and fluid motion) so i am eager to give it a try when i get my butt back to ohio.

see u around. 

2004-01-05 5:28 PM

User image

Central Louisiana
Good to have you here and don't make yourself a stranger!

Still Tri'n,
Michael
2004-01-08 3:35 PM

User image

Extreme Veteran
Epworth. Iowa
Hey - thanks Kevin. Also a newbie "gonnabe" - I've got my running piece under control - and am going to jump into a spinning class next week to get the bike going (IA in winter precludes road riding) - I am just beginning to sort out the swimming piece. I was a fair swimer, but other than recreation, am out of the water for 30 years. So - you show up at a great time.
New Thread
General Discussion Introduce Yourself!!! » Swimming Help Rss Feed