General Discussion Triathlon Talk » spinner bikes Rss Feed  
Moderators: k9car363, alicefoeller Reply
2004-01-04 9:54 PM

Subject: spinner bikes
Would like some input on spinner bikes.Where i live,have the possiabilty of 6 months of snow.Thanks for any thoughts or opinions on the subject.

2004-01-07 2:35 AM
in reply to: #3174

Subject: ...
This user's post has been ignored.
2004-01-07 6:11 AM

New user
Rome, GA
Subject: RE: spinner bikes
I teach a spin class twice a week and don't really recommend buying one. The first thing is that with out having a training program and someone to teach you how to use a spin bike they are some what useless. You can really hurt yourself on a spin bike if you don't know what you are doing. Secondly they are nothing like riding a real bike they are a completely different animal. The third thing is the price, because you can get a lot more for your money. The gym that I teach at will sell their spin bikes when they get old but they are still pricy.

I would suggest rollers or an indoor trainer. I have both at home and they serve two different functions. If I were to just have one I would buy a trainer. My suggestion is to look for a cateye 1000, this is what I have. The name may have changed on it but I am sure that you can find it by looking up cateye's website. The things that really set this apart from other trainers is that you have a squre to place the front fork on instead of having to put it up on phone books. It has an adjustable range for working on up hills up to a 14%. You can download all of the info on to the computer. You can race others on the computer. This also has many other helpful functions. I use to live in WI and couldn't get out for much training and had to use my trainer, rollers or spin bike and I would strongly suggest that you go for a trainer way before a spin bike. If you have any more questions or would like for me to elaborate more just send me an email.
2004-01-07 9:05 AM

Champion
Gold member
Subject: RE: spinner bikes
New Thread
General Discussion Triathlon Talk » spinner bikes Rss Feed