General Discussion Triathlon Talk » Tampa Trail Running Rss Feed  
Moderators: k9car363, alicefoeller Reply
2007-02-08 8:10 PM

User image

Elite
Hendersonville
Subject: Tampa Trail Running

I just wanted to plug Flatwoods here. I have been doing all of my long runs on the trails (dirt and sand) out there and it has been so great!

I thought maybe I could post some of my routes and the distances so you all can try it too.

The best trail I have found so far is Panther, which starts right after the bridge just past the first mile marker from Bruce B Downs. Panther will take you to a beautiful pond and then ends at a T intersection with the Main trail. If you go left, you will come out at the paved circle and can continue across to some more single track that leads all the way to the other side of the circle. There are numerous places where you can bail out and hit the paved circle, too.

If you turn right at the T it takes you to the damn over the Hillsborough river and to the entrance of Morris Bridge Park (bathroom and water fountain here). Today I did this, then continued on the levee for a bit till I saw the sign for trail #1. I went about 10.6 miles total.

I have also taken the wide path immediately after the entrance to Panther, which will take you to about mile 3 of the paved circle. It is all wide and sandy tire track trails.

Here is a link to a map of Flatwoods trails, as well as some other cool maps like San Antonio/Dade City bike routes and such:

http://www.cbebikes.com/newother/maps.html 

2007-02-15 4:02 PM
in reply to: #684656

User image

Palm Harbor, FL
Subject: RE: Tampa Trail Running
Anyone know of trails in northern Pinellas County? Specifically, near Palm Harbor area?

2007-02-25 9:43 PM
in reply to: #684656

User image

Elite
Hendersonville
Subject: RE: Tampa Trail Running
Today I ran Panther to Main, and took a left at main which took me all the way from mile 3 of the paved loop to the other side at mile 6. Good times!! Ran 2 miles backward on the paved loop from mile 6 to mile 4, where I picked up the main trail again back to Panther. 15 miles exactly.
New Thread
General Discussion Triathlon Talk » Tampa Trail Running Rss Feed